1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Choose my suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by rnicholls, Aug 5, 2017.

?

Which suspension

1. Toytec Boss Performance

16.7%
  2. 6112/5160

20.0%
  3. Kings

56.7%
  4. Bp51

6.7%
  1. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:15 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I've ridden in vehicles with the Toytec Boss kit. And we also have the 2.0 Boss on our Tundra. Rides extremely well. I've also got Kings. Can't go wrong with either.

I always get my stuff through @ToyTec Lifts as they are a top notch company to work with. Been doing so since 2009. They sell all three kind of lifts you're looking at too. They know their stuff.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM
    Goldfinger

Goldfinger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    1994 Xcab Pickup truggy
    Exo cage, dual transfer cases (one with 4.7), Alcan springs, 39.5 TSL's, Longfield birfs and axles.
    Make sure you read the Headstrong return policy.

3. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:33 AM
    Goldfinger

Goldfinger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    1994 Xcab Pickup truggy
    Exo cage, dual transfer cases (one with 4.7), Alcan springs, 39.5 TSL's, Longfield birfs and axles.
    I put the regular Boss on mine because it's just a tow rig. The ones I drove had the performance kit. If I were doing any off road driving I would have done the performance. Either way you can't go wrong.

4. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:38 AM
    Dagostino480

Dagostino480 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD sport 4door
    Bad ass air freshener
    Did you have a bad issue with it? Seems pretty standard.

HeadStrong Off-Road likes this.
  5. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM
    rnicholls

rnicholls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCLB
    Looking at the higher end kits I'm noticing the bp51 alot. Thoughts on this one? Comes with adjusters.

6. Aug 6, 2017 at 11:55 AM
    rnicholls

rnicholls [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCLB
    Are there any reports of rusting issues with the toytecs? I'd like something that holds up the elements well. I also hear fox 2.5s are not the same as 2.0s and don't have the rusting issues.

7. Aug 7, 2017 at 7:26 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    No rusting issues that I've heard of.

8. Aug 8, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    HeadStrong Off-Road

HeadStrong Off-Road Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 4Runner
    I am not sure what you are talking about?? We are not just an on-line company who sells things that we know nothing about like Amazon or Jet. We own a Tacoma, which btw has an LT kit on it, and go off-roading too :thumbsup: However where we differ is we just don't focus on one product line and sell that. We offer many product lines, this way our customers get what they want/need not just what we make the best margin off of. I spend hours on the phone and via e-mail with the majority of our customers walking them through all of their options, and no not just parroting product descriptions. Not everyone needs king coilovers with adjusters and tc uca's nor does everyone have the money for that. We get people what they want/need and can afford. I do think that it would be a little hard for someone to judge us, our service and knowledge if they have never dealt with us before nor know us personally.

chrisrocks300 and rnicholls[OP] like this.
  9. Aug 8, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    HeadStrong Off-Road

HeadStrong Off-Road Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 4Runner
    Correct it is very standard and we have yet to charge one person the 25% restocking fee. We usually waive the majority of the fee regardless of why someone is returning an item. Don't worry @Dagostino480 these are just people who like to promote a company and drag others down. Ones in which they have had zero personal experience with. This is what makes forums so fun. I won't even go into the 100's of issues that I have seen with other companies on here and in other social media outlets. We personally don't hire people to go around promoting our company or attack others. Just don't have time for the games, we are to busy helping people get their trucks the way they want them. :D

rnicholls[OP] likes this.
  10. Aug 8, 2017 at 11:26 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I remember calling you guys in the past and it seemed similar to a read "product description" response on stuff, which is fine depending on what the customer needs to know. Something key like "Icon has digressive" suspension seemed to be a common oversight from some of my buddies when they are looking at the infamous big three, which surprises me when sometimes they get guidance about suspension. Yet they arnt even familiar with the term or understand that Icon is different from King and Fox. Nothing wrong with digressive to progressive, but obviously on road manners are completely different. I first learned about this type of suspension back when I first got to know wheelers for example when I was first inquiring about my old OEM set up. It just isn't the same vibe like I got from DSM, DMZ fab, Wheelers, Demello, etc when I could go into a 20-30 phone call discussion on the theory of the options available and why certain things might make sense based of their product design intent. Granted I know that these vendors/distributors might be considered oranges to apples in comparison.

I havnt ever ordered from you guys which is true, but I know probably 8 guys locally to me that have. Some had great kits for exactly as you describe as not everyone needs the best suspension out there depending on their needs. At the same time, some just seemed to get a raw product without any info about it which led to them either eventually selling the product or just dealing with what they had. It does take an inquiring customer in order to present the proper questions, but it is what it is.

That's my punchline in a nutshell...

11. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    Dagostino480

Dagostino480 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma TRD sport 4door
    Bad ass air freshener
    Well headstrong also has a cooler sticker which is really all that matter :p I sure both companies are good and both have a good rep on here. I just chose headstrong over DSM because of their service to myself individually and their prices saving me a over $100+ on the same product. To each their own though.

12. Aug 9, 2017 at 4:24 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Nothing wrong with that man, that's cool you found it cheaper elsewhere. As for me, DSM has been the most competitive for stuff for my truck...but I need all the help I can get for LT stuffs.

Products Discussed in

To Top