1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chris' 1794 Tundra

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by Cfincke, Feb 7, 2017.

1. May 13, 2020 at 11:48 AM
    Cfincke

Cfincke [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794 sunset bronze
    Icon front & rear shocks, icon UCA, Method Standards, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Retrax cover, TRD sway bar
    2-3-20
    Got lucky today and picked up a used matching tire from Discount tire for $100. It has a little more tread than my current tires. Just wish I could get a matching 5th wheel, but Method discontinued the machined finish Standards.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    Biscuits likes this.
  2. May 13, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Icon front & rear shocks, icon UCA, Method Standards, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Retrax cover, TRD sway bar
    3-3-20
    Ordered the LRA 46 gallon gas tank yesterday, was a little more than the Transferflow tank, but i like the bevels at the front and back, should be here next week, then to recruit a friend to help install
    [​IMG]

Build thread

Biscuits likes this.
  3. May 13, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    3-14-2020
    Invited a couple friends over to give me a hand with installing the LRA tank. Luckly one of them is going thru his mechanic certification, so he knew about the fuel line clips and had the tool to spin off the fuel pump lock ring. All total took about 5 hours. Now i have 46 gallons of range.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Biscuits likes this.
  4. May 13, 2020 at 11:50 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    5/9/20
    Ordered some Baja Designs lights the other day from Paul at BD. Swapped the lenes for the amber driving combo. They are to replace the crappy amber lights that came in my grille.
    [​IMG]

Got the grille removed and the lights replaced. Having the circuit breaker for auxiliary fuse box makes it quick to kill power to the lights.
    [​IMG]

Biscuits likes this.
  5. May 13, 2020 at 12:16 PM
    pridgway

pridgway Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off Road
    Love the 1794 edition tundra.. too big for me but i mostly agree with what youve done with it.. that being said, some of those tundras in the meet n greets have got to be the ugliest vehicles i have ever seen. How can you take an already badass truck, and turn it into something so unpractical and massive. Do what you want with your cars, but those are way over the top imo!

Cfincke[OP] and Biscuits like this.
  6. May 13, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I went mostly functional with a some 'show'. The bumper is my least favorite item I have done, but it was a great price and at the time the best looking option available for Tundras. Here in San Antonio, I am surrounded by mall crawling Tundras that have 10's of thousands of dollars spent just for show and spend nothing for function (bracket lifts with the big shock spacer block on top of the factory shock; $3k+ on train horns, multiple tanks and compressors; $1000 metal fender well liners). I sold my Retrex bed cover yesterday and the guy just had a 6" lift installed and said his turning radius is shit now and it is because the lift kit knuckle had the stops closer so you can run negative offset wheels and not rub on the body mount.
    I have some more plans for the truck in the future - Either a Bakflip cover, a bed rack or a camper shell, but the wife is against the shell. I will likely add a roof rack - either custom designed & built or a Prinsu or an UpTop. Going 35s...maybe 37s for the next tire. Onboard air system (possibly a $50 air horn to please the wife). new stereo headunit. Center console lock box. When my shocks are worn out I may move up to 3.0s with remote resi.

7. Nov 11, 2020 at 3:59 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    August 2nd

Drove the camper 800 miles to Navarre Florida for a mini isolation vacation on the beach. This was the first long stretch towing since installing the 529 gears. Truck pulled well, was able to run in 5th on the highway since i only have 34" tires. My rpms in 5th is almost identical to 4th gear with stock gears. Trans temp stayed around 197 the entire way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Nov 11, 2020 at 4:00 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    September 6th

Got a little dirt on the tires today finally. Took my 2 year old son with me and he fell asleep 10 minutes into the adventure
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jan 25, 2021 at 8:48 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Installed some Toyo RT 37x12.50R18 tires last week. Also installed some SPC UCAs to help push the wheels forward and still get a good alignment.
    20210120_170459~2.jpg

10. Jan 25, 2021 at 8:53 AM
    Cfincke

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    The 37s were just catching the mild BMC I did a few years ago, did not think I would ever go larger than 35s. Made a few cuts and hammered the plate back. Now have 1/2" of clearance. Going to road test the truck for a week or two to make sure I dont catch it anymore and weld it up.
    20210123_130712.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top