1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cigarette Lighter "Light" Out!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by fshams, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    fshams

fshams [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma V6 4x4 TRD/TX PRO - DCSB
    I recently noticed the light surround the cigarette lighter had gone out. Does anyone know what bulb I need? The light housing is a separate unit that attaches to the side of the cigarette lighter housing, but I've never seen anything like it... It seems as though the bulb and the housing is one unit and you can't simply change the bulb, you'll have to change the housing..
    Can anyone confirm this? :)

2. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    wesb1023

wesb1023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Westley
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab
    I called the dealer when mine went out and they quoted me a price of $27.00 for that little piece of crap bulb!!! Yes it is the bulb and connector all in one. I went to a salvage yard and got one, it was in a 4runner so the little bulb cover was green but no big deal. I also spotted a light ring on that same 4runner for the ignition key, so I got that too. Guy charged me five dollars. You could break the bulb out and solder in a tiny bulb. I thought about doing this but couldnt find a bulb small enough. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top