1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clarification Order

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ManlyMurse, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:05 PM
    ManlyMurse

ManlyMurse [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Hello all, I purchased a 2016 Tacoma SR5 dcsb 3.5 L 4x4 last August and found this site. I lurk a lot. I have read and used the search function and now I am ready to purchase some new tires and wheels, my truck has the steel wheels. I have selected my wheel and tire brand but here are my remaining questions. Is there anything more than personal preference on 16" or 17" wheel diameter? I have heard it both ways on tire selection. Will my sensors work, will my lug nuts fit? Also to clarify without any lift/leveling I can run a 265/75/16 or 265/70/17? I am just a hard working guy that would like some clarification before I spend a paycheck on some wheels and tires. Thanks in advance. One last thing where online is the best place to order combo wheel and tire sets? Any sweet deals out there Method wheels and either Cooper or Falken tires.

2. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:10 PM
    musher

musher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama(born) >(the world)>Alaska(now)
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma
    I'd rather not think of all the $ spent :(
    Welcome Murse! :thumbsup:

You just asked a loaded question, good luck! I lean toward personal preference. I like more rubber. Everything should swap over. It did on my last truck. There are some vendors here (I saw discount tire recently) Check in the vendor section. Good luck and welcome

3. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:25 PM
    Dimestore55

Dimestore55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Prerunner DCSB
    All the information you seek is a Google search away. I found a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3 265/75/16 at Discount Tire Direct for $500 total, delivered. Start searching around places like 4WP, Summit Racing, and others for tire wheel combos. I remember finding one place that did mounting, balancing, & shipping free if you bought wheel & Nitto tire combo. You will probably have to buy new TPMS sensors because the ones on steel wheels are different than aftermarket aluminum (because of the thickness). Obviously 17" tire and wheel combos are going to be more expensive than 16's. Most aftermarket rims come with the necessary lug nuts included (be sure to confirm before you buy). I would suggest ponying up the extra $30 for a set of Gorilla locks to protect your investment. You should not have any problem fitting that size on your truck. They fit on a 2nd gen and yours is an inch taller.

4. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:27 PM
    ManlyMurse

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Thanks for the response, Yeh you cannot ask questions without being ridiculed by someone a thousand miles away. I am not trolling I am being serious trying to get info from someone with experience not trying to pick a fight that guarantees the responder they don't have to physically stand behind their comments. I agree I like the more rubber look as well. I'll look in the vendor section. Thanks again

musher[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM
    ManlyMurse

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I will definitely look at Discount tire, I am looking for a deal like that. Thanks for your response.

6. Feb 15, 2017 at 1:46 PM
    winguyen

winguyen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Watertown, MA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Pyrite-Mica DCSB TRD Off-Road
    If you go with Falkens join Tread Lightly for $25 and get a $100 Falken rebate plus another rebate for $40 or $50 (can't remember exactly) for Discount Tire Direct

Products Discussed in

To Top