1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Click here for the Jan. 04, 2010 revision of T-SB-0305-08 which includes 2009 & 2010

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Got Tacoma, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jan 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    Thank You

Attached Files:

2. Jan 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    Your supposed to say thanks Gila

3. Jan 14, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    i dont see how they are still making new trucks with the same KNOWN problems....

4. Jan 14, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    It's becase the "known" problem is miniscule compared to the total number of trucks sold worldwide with owners that don't care about it. It's business.

5. Jan 14, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    65tacodude

65tacodude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    Manteno, IL
    Vehicle:
    '18 Tundra Platnium
    OEM running boards and roof rack. Yellow fog bulbs and WeatherTech mats and window visors.
    I put an AAL in, im wondering if i should get this done. I know its pretty much the same but its from toyota?

6. Jan 14, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've done the math a few times- There have been just shy million Tacomas sold since 2005. There are like 20,000 members on this site. That's 2% of Tacoma owners (ignoring the fact that not everyone here has a 2nd gen).

There are TONS of folks out there who either do not haul enuf material or with regularity to know what it should feel like or that enjoy the ride unloaded, so they don't have any work done. If you "rely" on the dealers and give up you won't get anywhere. The folks who got this TSB started and who have driven the updates didn't just take the dealers word for it...They continued to push to get something done.

I think Toyota has made the right choice here-They replace the less than desirable parts (and update the TSB) for almost anyone who asks. Takes some a bit more work...but most get done.

Glad to see the late model trucks are getting the hook up too!!

7. Jan 14, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    Silver 10

Silver 10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 DBL Cab 4x4
    Nitto Terra Grapplers, Leer XL100 cap , Cabelas Bug shield , Tinted windows, Bed Mat, Husky Floor Liners front and rear, seat belt mod, Rear TSB, K&N Air filter
    I got a hold of toyota customer service today and gave me a case number and said that my dealer would be calling me in 1-3 days. I had already emailed my dealer about a week ago and hadnt heard anything. Anyhow she said that the case is generated immediatly if I wanted to call them. I waited a bit and got an email from my salesman that said there is no TSB for 2010. I was pissed cuz of the info on this forum I had the new TSB printed and in my work truck. I called him rt back and said i got your email and there is a TSB, he told me he talked to the service guys last week and there wasnt one. I said Ive got it in my hand. He told me let me forward you to service and they can take it from here. All the while being very nice. The service guy asked what I needed I told him. He said he wasnt aware. I read him the TSB and gave him my case number and said he would be callin me within 1 day to get things started he had to talk to the service manage. When I had the TSB and a case number it definately held more weight. We will see where it goes but I feel pretty good since I checked my springs and they are numbered with the ones that need to be replaced. All I can say is thanks to all of you crazy taco heads who get kinds of info out to everyone on this site.

8. Jan 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    You need to review the TSB. No shock replacement for '09s or '10s.

Products Discussed in

To Top