1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clicking sound from drivers seat

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by broders, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Aug 19, 2016 at 8:14 AM
    Hoyle

Hoyle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cookeville TN.
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB 4x4 Black
    A lot of stuff.
    I just read a similar "newer" thread on this issue. Here has been my experience.
    I have a 2014 DCSB TRD 4x4 - I noticed about 4 mos. ago this "popping" or clicking noise every time I drove the truck. Especially around the circles when the turns are right then left then right again.. I thought.. hmmm.. that's strange .. So, over the course of the next few oils changes at the dealership (which are free). I would speak to them about this issue. Of course they told me they would look at it while the truck was back there getting the oil changed.. Their report back, which came as no surprise was - they found no issue. I guess I was just being stupid again for my concern about my 40K truck .. So over the next 5K miles the issue worsened. Now it was doing it with every turn or simply shifting my butt in the seat from left to right.. So, next oil change brought it in, they still couldn't find a problem .. I said to them, come drive with me, I took the actual mechanic out with me and for sure he could here it.. wasn't sure what the problem was but it was there.. it was not my imagination.
    So the dealership told me they would contact Toyota on the issue, they did and reported back to me they would REPLACE the entire seat with a brand new one.. 3 days later I went back in they installed a new seat. (so they say), So, back in my truck.. no more popping, I can even tell the seat is new because it's very firm, like when I first purchased the truck.
    Then, bummer, here I am today .. this seat is making 10x more popping then the 1st one, Yea, it's a bummer.. I was hoping for no issues with my truck... I'll go back in this time for the "record" so when they have the MASS recall on the seats, I'm still covered or if they don't I can still get another seat down the road ..
    I agree, it's not the Track system, it's something in the hinge from the lower seat were it connects to the upper seat .. I'm not a fat $ss so I know it's not weight that causing the problem... Think about it.. they replaced my entire seat.. the dealership has been good, but by there own admittance, they don't pay for it, Toyota does.. which means I paid for it when I purchased the truck..
    I'll keep you posted on my next return from the dealership on this issue .. I'll have to say on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the lowest.. I'm at a -5 of having to go to the dealership with anything...

Sorry this is lengthy without pics.. should I post a sound clip? ..

Uion123 likes this.
  2. Nov 17, 2021 at 6:07 AM
    Uion123

Uion123 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tacoma trd
    2014 Toyota Tacoma trd Miles 38k
    This sucks. My friend has a body shop and he thought he fix the popping sound from my driver seat. But I still have . Anyone fixed there’s? Please let me know

3. Nov 17, 2021 at 8:04 AM
    cryptolyme

cryptolyme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR Access Cab 4x4 2.7L
    had this same issue after installing seat jackers. it was just loose. torqued the seats where they mount to the floor and it's been fine since then.

4. Dec 5, 2023 at 2:02 PM
    CaptDubi

CaptDubi I do what the voices tell me.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NH
    Vehicle:
    '23 SR5 Double Cab, grey
    Thank you search function! This just started on my truck yesterday. Sounds like the answer is “it’s a Tacoma thing”

Products Discussed in

To Top