1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

climate bulb replacement from newbie

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by stenobeagle, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Dec 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    stenobeagle

stenobeagle [OP] New Member

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner TRD
    Hi. I have a 2001 and need to replace the climate bulb. I got the face of it off and turned the bulb -- thought it would come out. Do I need to remove more? There seems to be a plate holding it in the hole -- maybe I'm not pulling hard enough. Just don't want to break the bulb. I guess I have to order from Toyota the bulb? Everything else is perfect on this machine. Very excited to have a great truck!

2. Dec 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    radcat692000

radcat692000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Clayton N.C.
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 4x4 sr5
    none
    when you get the bulb out the number should be written on the bulb at the base,,if not just call a dealership and ask what size it is... cant help with your panel removal, b/c i own a 95..or else i would.

3. Dec 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    wisconsin

wisconsin Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma California Spec
    OME Suspension,16" TRD Wheels,245/75R16 Nokian Rotiiva tires
    My truck is a 2000 Tacoma. I can confirm that in this truck, the 2 bulbs in the heater controls are wedge-base bulbs that simply pull out. All you have to do is remove the heater knobs and AC switch. The AC switch simply pulls straight out. Then remove the heater control front panel. There are 2 tiny bulbs that have green caps on them. You can grab them and pull them straight out. You don't need to remove the heater control assembly on this truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top