1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Climate Control Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Devux, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Jan 4, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    Devux

Devux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4
    Leveling kit & wheels
    The lights behind the A/C button and the vent control knob were giving me issues for a while, they would be off when they should have been on. Previously I was able to tap the knob or a spot on the panel and those lights would come back on, making me think there is a short somewhere. Recently that "fix" stopped working so now I am wondering how hard it is to get to the lights and what type of bulbs / LEDs I should maybe have on hand when I take things apart.

ClimateKnobs.jpg

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Jan 4, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
  3. Jan 4, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    Devux

Devux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4
    Leveling kit & wheels
    Perfect! I briefly looked but couldn't find a how-to. Thanks!

Toyotacrawler likes this.
  4. Jan 10, 2020 at 4:01 PM
    PTreckin'

PTreckin' Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Red Tacoma TRD Sport
    OME Lift Kit, NFab Nerf Bars, K&N Catback Exhaust System, 265-70-17 Goodyear Silent Armors, Flowmater Exhaust, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    I found these on ebay and they worked great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153892138896

They come in a 2 pack, but I took out the one that burned out, replaced it, and re-installed the HVAC panel. Appears to be an exact match as far as brightness goes...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Dec 20, 2020 at 3:17 PM
    Waasheem

Waasheem The catholic radio bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-T...&psc=1&ref_=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img

They're incandescent, not led if looking to upgrade. I've waited for a really long time, finally decided to try to put them in, it was very easy.

Pull the upper trim around the radio out, simply pulls out leaving the radio in place, no need to push down or up first. One harness connector to disconnect to get it completely out of the way. Same with the lower trim, pull it out, don't let the 2 black hook things fool you, the whole assembly comes out, 2 harness connectors to disconnect to be able to work on it easily. A mini screwdriver got the old bulbs out, righty tighty lefty loosey, quarter turn loose, flipped it upside down and it fell out. The old bulbs were brown plastic, the new ones grey plastic. I didn't do a side by side comparison but the new ones went in very tight. Mini screwdriver didn't have enough leverage to twist them so a regular handle small screwdriver got them in place. Reassemble in reverse, make sure the little plastic tabs are in correctly before pushing in.

The difference from the video, mine has trim below the lower trim so i couldn't simply pull the lower trim off. A trim tool or butter knife might have done the trick. Bulb removal is a quarter turn but it looks like he's tightening them.

I'm not knocking the dude's vid. I watched it, got the job done, success.

6. Dec 20, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    Gus87

Gus87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    16 trd sport
    I have to hit mine like the fonz to get it on. Give it a little harder of a love tap.

Products Discussed in

To Top