1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Close Call

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by HeadlampRevamp, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    HeadlampRevamp

HeadlampRevamp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Buckner, ky
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    So on my way home from work today a black cat runs out in front of my truck so I slam on the brakes to avoid it. I really didn't think anything of it. I get back up to speed, and about 50 yards in front of me a little girl sprints out into the middle of the street between two parked cars, and I had to hit the brakes to avoid her as well.

I thought to myself "man, I've almost hit two things on the same street." I didn't really think about it until I got home, but I realized that the cat kept me from hitting the little girl.

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason. I think this was one of those situations. Somebody was looking out for me and that little girl.

2. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Buy an ARB.

Get home 30 seconds faster...

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    98_Mud_bug

98_Mud_bug 98_mud_bug

Member:
    lucedale Ms.
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma sr5/ 06 x-runner
    3 inch suspension lift, night shades corner and blinkers projector headlights with halos and 3 led's 18 inch kmc xd rockstar wheels,275/65/18 kelly safari tsr's, bush whacker fender flares 7 inch touch screen, 2 kenwood 12's, Magnaflow exaust single in dual out,
  4. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    ok what?

5. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Yep, me too.

6. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    FlyingTaco

FlyingTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DCSB SWB
    Trimmed mud-flaps, engine de-tick, FJ wheels, avid off road light bar(one of a kind), truck covers bed cover and decals by sockmonkey so far.....
  7. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Sounds like a clear cut case of Darwinism at it's finest to me.

Seriously though, things like this make me laugh when people complain about our brakes.

They work just fine when you need to stomp on them.

Ramming speed!

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top