1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Close to pulling the trigger

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RysTac12, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    I'm going to repeat all the other's sentiment here - 38K is too much, even for what you have listed. I think jackhart laid it out best. Go back, do some research, and dont let the salesman take you so hard.

2. Jan 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    sgbruner

sgbruner New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Ashford, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner TRD
    Just purchased a V6, preRunner, dual cab, TRD package, 4x2, towing package and Toyo Care. Stickered @ 30,038. paid $200 under invoice. Use TrueCar.com!

Oh, by the way, I wanted leather, but it is just too hot here. I'm ok with the cloth. They are comfortable, fluid resistant and look good.

3. Jan 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    RysTac12

RysTac12 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ry
    Okinawa Japan
    Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help. I can trim off a lot of the extra's but for the basig options like the TRD Sport package (I want the hood scoop) for $3900, the JBL etune package $1900, Security, tow package and minor things like daytime running lights, and the predator steps, it puts the build right at $35k.

So even trimming off the leather the basic build with those options from toyota website is $35k. To be realistic, if I cut out the etune, steps, tint, running lights, security, that would put me very close to what you guys are saying. So I guess it's not that different if I really want those items. I think I'll cut the leather, I just like how it cleans I guess.

I don't like how the off road package doesn't come with the hood scoop, and that you can't get the engine skid plate with the TRD sport option. I don't know why they make you choose those options with different packages.

As far as going there in person and haggling, I'd love too but my situation is unique. I'll spare you all the details, but I am military and will be flying in and absolutely need the vehicle upon landing. I have a wife, three kids, a dog, and all of our bags which won't fit in the pontiac vibe we have in storage. I am trying to set this vehicle up to be ready when we land. We have been over here in Okinawa Japan for the past 4 years so we don't have that luxury right now. We can wait if we absolutely have too, but whatever we do it's a huge huge pain.

I haven't finalized anything because of the long weekend and the 14 hour difference we have here makes it even more of a headache. I need the Dallas area, but if you guys know an honest dealer with a good rep that would like to make a sale let me know.

---About the GMC comparison. Well, I have always gotten the employee discount and had a 2005 canyon. I am one of the rare few that actually liked the truck. It worked well for us but wasn't 4x4 and it got annoying to have an off road style pickup that wasn't. I won't bore you with the details of that either, but I did like it. By choosing the toyota I know I am choosing the better truck, and yes... I am paying for it.

I appreciate all the advice, I will definitely do a little more arguing and trim some things and am excited to make the purchase. Doing this over the net is very tough and the fact I can't see it first is a total drag. Thanks again

Products Discussed in

To Top