1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clunking Noise Driver Side Suspension

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by drade, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Jan 22, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    drade

drade [OP] BRUINS 4 LIFE

Member:
    ME
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Short Cab Silver
    TRD PRO skid plate, wet kole seat covers, tint all around, red line tuning quick Lift system, paint protection film, gloss blacked out OEM emblems, electric start, heated seats.
    Hello Guys. I have this weird soft clunking noise when I go over uneven pavement or plowed snow. When I turn my driver side wheel to the right the clunking noise increases. I can feel it under my left foot when extended in the driver seat. I don't want to get scammed by the stealership. What could this be?

2. Jan 22, 2011 at 4:56 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    I had this once too when my truck was covered in snow and ice. Once I parked it in my heated garage and everything melted the noise/feeling went away. Could be some ice or something?

3. Jan 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM
    Turkeyslayer

Turkeyslayer Member

Member:
    Northeast Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 TRD
    Bug Deflector,Side Steps,EX-Tang Tonnau Cover ,Goodyear Duratracs...Their Great!!!
    seems to be the same thing for me....ice I guess...I hope... Its 5 degrees here in ohio...first time its happened to me...have to wait and see. don't want to go to local dealership and "have to make an appointment" to get anything looked at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Jan 22, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    drade

drade [OP] BRUINS 4 LIFE

Member:
    ME
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Short Cab Silver
    TRD PRO skid plate, wet kole seat covers, tint all around, red line tuning quick Lift system, paint protection film, gloss blacked out OEM emblems, electric start, heated seats.
    Yea we just had 30 inches over here in the last three weeks. Its -2 right now. I did go throw a ton of ice and snow. Could be it, thanks. Nice to know you guys are experiencing this as well.

5. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:45 PM
    donaldwagner

donaldwagner -Don-

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    College Park, Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2013 single cab 4x4
    i live in fl and i have the clunking noise on my 08 trd 4x4, dealership said it was normal brake noise...my ass!

6. Jan 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    85GT 79FJ40

85GT 79FJ40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD Sport DCSB 6M - 2017 Honda Africa Twin
    I went to the dump this morning and noticed the same thing. Kind of feels like something is tapping on the floor. But the last time I drove (probably the same for you) it was in snow and I suspect something is frozen under there, although I looked and can't see anything. One one of my older tacomas I had a toolbox where ice chunks would get sandwiched between it and the cab. What a racket that used to make!

Products Discussed in

To Top