1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch advise - 6sp, 2012, supercharger

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bwthomas77, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dec 16, 2020 at 9:26 AM
    Bwthomas77

Bwthomas77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 dbl cab trd sport 6spd
    Supercharger, flowmaster exhaust, 4runner disc brakes, Volant CAI, ECGS bushing
    Just got my truck back from the local four wheel shop that did the work.

Not sure how much of it is the more aggressive clutch and how much was my worn out stock clutch but, What a difference! Clutch really grabs. Babying right now to break it in.

To recap: I purchased a URD stage 3 and a clutchmasters hydraulic TOB. I ended up returning the hydraulic TOB and purchased the stainless steel reinforcement for the quill from URD. A lot of waffling on parts and overall not a very cost effective way to purchase parts with return shipping and restocking... I also had the stock flywheel resurfaced.

Down the road, I plan to do the accumulator delete, have some toyota brake hard line laying around to do that.

Thanks again for all the input.

2. Jan 28, 2021 at 7:50 PM
    Bwthomas77

Bwthomas77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 dbl cab trd sport 6spd
    Supercharger, flowmaster exhaust, 4runner disc brakes, Volant CAI, ECGS bushing
    Finally got the accumulator delete done. Made a surprisingly big difference in the feel of the clutch engagement.

I ended up just bending the existing hard lines and using a union. Not a hard job just a tight space. The bleed was also very easy, some nasty looking brake fluid, glad I got that out.

Products Discussed in

To Top