1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch Master Cylinder Leak

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by no_werries, May 23, 2009.

1. May 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM
    no_werries

no_werries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 reg cab Indigo Ink 5 speed
    CAI, 2 1/2" rear lift AAL, Ready Lift strut ext. & diff drop = 2 1/2" front lift, tweaked clutch, Magnaflo Muffler & Custom exhaust 265/75/16lt Nitto Terra Grappler 8ply on stock rims. Huskyliners
    Vehicle is at 60,000 miles, its the reg cab 4 cyl '05, filled brake fluid the other day, went to clean truck today noticed brake fluid on the truck floor underneath clutch pedal, brake fluid resevoir is at min, dont have time and patience as of late to having to take clutch apart and bleed etc. so I am letting a mechanic friend look at it this monday while I am out of town on work.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem, the clutch it self works fine, engages well, pedal free play and engagement are at correct points, so seems a little early for the master cylinder to be gone, and I have no one here at moment to help check the slave cylinder, any input, advice, info is welcome!

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    IdahoTaco

IdahoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco 4dr 6spd TRD Offroad White
    URD short throw shifter. Walker Racing 2.5 Front Coil-overs. OME Dakar Rear Leaf Pack. Walker Evans 2.0 Rear Shocks. HID kit 5300k.
    I'm right there with you man.

I will be attempting to replace my clutch master next week or so.

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Yep. Had mine replaced last Dec at the dealer for around 325. I had the master cylinder replaced even though the dealer wanted to replace both master and slave. My clutch still squeaks sometimes as heard from the outside of the cab, but I think it's the bearing on the input shaft, not the slave cylinder.

Products Discussed in

To Top