1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch Masters Internal Release Bearing Group Buy

Discussion in 'Automotive Group Buys' started by 406cruiser, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Nov 22, 2023 at 4:34 AM
    dborrer

dborrer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Dan
    St. Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x MT
    2018 new Frame (thank you Rust!), FJ T-case swap. SPC(LR) UCAs, Bilstein 5100s front - rear, OME 883 at 0, HeadStrongOffRoad 3 leaf progressive AAL, MESO custom 2nd gen (Red/White) LED dome & Ultimate Maps, Spyder Halo Projector w LEDs (which SUCK), Spyder LED tails
    @Zacowacko same thing here on my 2006 Taco: I purchased the CM kit 2 years back, it sat on the shelf, and i've sold it since after all these issues came up... Currently at 262k miles on the original Clutch/TOB and i'm considering the Tilton route, but also may just install another OEM set up as this has lasted a long, long time....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    lo2hi likes this.
  2. Nov 22, 2023 at 5:30 PM
    Lucid

Lucid Member

Member:
    I have gone through two of these Clutch Masters Release bearings, when they work they work great but they fail very prematurely. The first one lasted 8 months and failed leaving me stranded with no clutch pressure, and the second one I had installed failed 1.5 years later again no pressure, clutch pedal drops to the floor after a maximum of 20k-30k km, no heavy towing or extreme load on the truck or drivetrain.

So now having to fix this issue for the third time, I think I will revert back to the OEM setup. Buyer beware don't buy this garbage product, the factory system lasted 170k km

dborrer and BillDaCat8 like this.
  3. Nov 23, 2023 at 7:14 AM
    novanut21

novanut21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    North Central,WV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD SPORT
    AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat-back, TRD S/C, TRD Quickshifter, URD Fuel Pump Kit, Wet Okoles Front&Rear, WeatherTech Mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Satoshi grille, JBA "shorty" headers, URD Y-Pipe, TTC Oil Catch Can, Lotek Dual Apillar gauge pod w/ Autometer Phantom II AFR & Vac/Boost, URD Pulley, HID Retrofit.

I might be interested in these spacers. How long have you been running the spacers for? Does this help with the premature seal failure due to the spacers preventing the bearing from constantly spinning?

4. Nov 29, 2023 at 6:36 AM
    Zacowacko

Zacowacko Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    SW, OK
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TE 4x4 6spd
    TRD Pro Susp., Icon AAL, Bags w/cradles, US OR Bumper w/Smitty, 2Lo Mod
    Thats awesome. I keep wondering when my clutch will go. Hopefully i can make it as long as you have. I do pull a trailer a good a bit, but has seemed to affect it so far. 2Lo mod helped out greatly with that. No more roasting the clutch. Did that many years back.

dborrer[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 23, 2024 at 7:55 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, URD Short Shift, TRD Supercharger, Hellwig rear sway bar, TWM shift knob, limo tint, URD Y-pipe, URD LT Headers, URD Rear O2 Sim, Custom tube front and rear bumpers, LED spot pods, K&N CAI
    Update on my customer service experience from Clutchmasters:
    Sent my failed unit in. They said my housing is damaged from the piston seizing, so not re-buildable.
    They offered a new unit at $300.00.
    I purchased the unit back in 2020, so 4yrs old. They definitely didn't have to offer me anything as the unit was well out of any warranty, so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

6. Mar 23, 2024 at 9:49 PM
    TacoTuesday1

TacoTuesday1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    tilton time?

7. Mar 23, 2024 at 11:03 PM
    TheFang

TheFang No Big Deal

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, URD Short Shift, TRD Supercharger, Hellwig rear sway bar, TWM shift knob, limo tint, URD Y-pipe, URD LT Headers, URD Rear O2 Sim, Custom tube front and rear bumpers, LED spot pods, K&N CAI
    Yup. Already installed and running well.

Products Discussed in

To Top