1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

clutch pedal squeaks?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by beefcake, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sep 10, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    beefcake

beefcake [OP] J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    i cant seem to figure out how to end this nonsense. my clutch squeaks when i engage it and has been doing so for 6 months or so, i dont think it is hurting anything and it started doing this after i went mudding, anyone have a suggestion as to fixing this? it's minor but starting to get annoying

2. Sep 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Dude, common issue. Search for "clutch squeak" in the 1st gen forum and report back with how many hits you get. ;)

3. Sep 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Al.
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 TRD V6 3.4L SR5 XCab Gold with Tan Int
    19,000 Original Miles, Factory Alarm, Factory Tow Package, Low Profile UWS Black Tool Box, 20ft. of Dynamat Xtreme, Pioneer Double Din DVD 3200BT, IPod Holder, Q Form Kick Panels, 3 Pairs of MB Quart component speakers, JL Audio Stealthbox, Alpine PDX-5 amp, PIAA Foglights, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Maxxis Big Horn Mud Tires 32 x 11.5 R x 15, Wet Okole Seat Cover for 60/40 Bench, 5100's Front & Rear, Wheeler's Single Leaf AAL, Warn 8,000 Winch, Warn Transformer Brush Guard, Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn
    I read on one of these threads in the past about people changing out bushings.

But, before you do that my clutch pedal was squeaking, so I sprayed the spring above the clutch pedal down with some garage door lube about 3 months ago. No more squeaks.

4. Sep 10, 2010 at 11:01 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    First, you gotta figure out where it's coming from. From what i can tell, there's a squeak coming from the bell housing and one from the bushing in the pedal. You gotta figure out which one you got or both. Since it was after mudding, I'm guessing its the bell housing squeak.

5. Sep 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    4wdExplorer

4wdExplorer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    Could be a simple fix.

Mine was squeaking. Initially I thought it was coming from the clutch pedal from the inside of the cab.

So I had my girlfriend get in the truck and I had her press on the clutch pedal while I was on the ground underneath the tranny. Noise was coming from the slave cylinder lever. I bought some lubricant spray. I strayed everything, the lever, the boot, inside the boot into the tranny. After a bunch of spraying. Noise went away. Hasnt came back for 4 months now.

I recommend you pin point the noise if it is coming from the inside the cab or outside in the tranny first!

6. Sep 11, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    X2

But since this is my own personal writeup and I know exactly where the link is, I'll cut the OP a break this time. ;)

http://www.lieblweb.com/clutchbushing.html

7. Sep 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    beefcake

beefcake [OP] J-rob

Member:
    First Name:
    J-Rob
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    98 4WD V6
    Debadged,Deck Plate mod, Helix throttle body spacer, magnaflow two chamber, smoked corner marker lamps, cb radio, smoked headlights, grillcraft mesh grill, URD short throw shifter, ultagauge, billstein 5100 front struts, spidertrax 1.25 spacers on all four
    sorry guys, next time i'll search before i ask :D but what is OP?

8. Sep 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    gjbonner

gjbonner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Octo Pussy

9. Sep 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Rhino Lined exterior,Fab Tech 6", 1.25" SpiderTrax spacers, Wheels painted Rustoleum Hammered Black, All Pro front plate bumper, Warn 9.5 ti winch, BHLM, Cig lighter constant on, Door beep toggle switch, Locker mod, Lock/unlock beeper Mod, Rear tailights smoked, 750w inverter with the outlets and on/off switch wired to rear of the console, Blacked out badges, blacked out rear bumper.
    Out Pimpin

10. Sep 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    gjbonner

Member:
    First Name:
    Guy
    Northern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Off Road TRD
    Its Original Poster

It means you started the Thread

11. Sep 21, 2010 at 1:35 AM
    warren_454

warren_454 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Ky
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD Tacoma
    TRD cat back, K&N cold air intake.