1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clutch squeak stops when wet?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by flightcancled, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    So I just hosed down my undercarriage as I tend to most days after getting back from the beach. Unlike most days I decided to hop back into the truck and immediately noticed that my clutch squeak was gone. This lasted until the truck was dry again, and the squeak steadily returned during the end of that period.

Any ideas what that could be? When I push the pedal by hand I can feel it bind and vibrate just as the squeak starts, and the sound is pretty clearly coming from the other side of the firewall.

2. Jul 13, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Really? no one knows?

Products Discussed in

To Top