1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

clutch stages 1,2,3 ???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RompHard, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jan 18, 2007 at 3:13 AM
    RompHard

RompHard [OP] Member

Member:
    on my 96 Tacoma extra cab 2.4l 5 speed and browsed around the internet checking out new clutches and discovered but not sure if its possible to purchase and install either a stage 2 or 3 clutch and if so what are the benifits and uses and if its worth the xtra money or just over kill? please let me know if you know, thanks -rompman

2. Jan 18, 2007 at 3:16 AM
    RompHard

RompHard [OP] Member

Member:
    Also do they have High performance 2.4l engines like the 22r's with stronger pistons and rods and all the good stuff to make them push around 180 horses out the crate or do they only beef the 22's up Im talking about the 4 banger in the 96+ engine ultimate plan i to find a HP crate engine and mate it with a stage 2 or 3 clutch?? IS that possible?

3. Jan 18, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    check out www.lcengineering.com the specialize in 20r,22r,22re,2rz and 3rz motors. they also sell beefed up 2rz crate motors and performance clutches and flywheels. i would say that a stage 2 clutch would be more than adequate for your power needs.

4. Jan 18, 2007 at 2:44 PM
    twoarezee

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    ACT makes a stage 2 clutch as well as www.paradiseracing.com, they have a 7 sec celica powered by a 2rz on stock cams running 60psi of boost. they also have custom machined fidanza flywheels and matching clutch kits.

5. Jan 18, 2007 at 7:02 PM
    RompHard

RompHard [OP] Member

Member:
    thanks for the help really good stuff, Also I was wonder about those adds you see in the paper talking about used engines with around 30000 miles on it from japan for around $1grand what they come with, if its just the block or the whole engine with the timing chain and everything.

6. Jan 19, 2007 at 12:56 PM
    twoarezee

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    im pretty sure they sell the whole motor (block, head, internals, valves cams etc) because in japan they replace there motors at around 40000 miles so they sell them as is but compression tested and all that. i saw on ebay some vendor is selling 2/3rz motors rebuilt from bottom to top with all brand new parts with 0 miles on them for $1050.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top