1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coastal NC Trails

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by inked_angel08, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Oct 25, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    inked_angel08

inked_angel08 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Natasha
    Elk Park, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Icon Stage 3 Lift, 33s, dbcustomz grille, hydro dipped interior trim, RCI bedrack (long bed version for full coverage), Smittybilt overlander RTT, SOS Off-road Concepts full front bumper with an x20 smittybilt winch, viper autostart, Baja squadron sport ditchlights with Rago low profile brackets, rough country 20inch lightbar in the bumper, camo glovebox inserts as well as tailgate inserts, and a dobinsons snorkel.
    I'm looking for some decent trails to adventure on. I'm a newbie if you will with off-roading. Used to do a bit of mudding and off-roading but with 4-wheelers. My truck is stock (plan to change that in the future but for now it is what it is) 2017 DCSB SR5 4x4. Does anyone know of anything, looking to ease in instead of mudding. (My interest isn't mudding basically lol unless I'm on a 4-wheeler). I went to uwharrie as a teen with the 4wheelers but it's nowhere close to us now.

2. Oct 31, 2017 at 6:50 PM
    huachuca

huachuca Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Tarboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 4WD DC w/TRD offroad
    There’s not much in the way of public land available for off-roading in eastern NC unless you’re up for beach driving. If so, it doesn’t get any better than Cape Lookout National Seashore. You’ll need a long weekend (or more) to make it worth your while. Some info available on this site, google Portsmouth Island and Core Banks. If you need more or have questions, PM me.

inked_angel08[OP] likes this.
  3. Nov 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM
    Farfyter

Farfyter Member

Member:
    Head to Pisgah National Forest and ride the FSR's.

4. Dec 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM
    GATORTACO92

GATORTACO92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Hoover, Al
    Vehicle:
    2004 F-350 6.0 King Ranch
    2004 F-350...uh lots of motor work to go fast...er. Way to much to list. 2001: 3" leveling kit, ARB bumper, lightforce 240 blitz, 35" KM2s. SOLD 2008: OME 886s 90000 with dakars, LR UCAs, 5% tint, Satashi. SOLD 2015: Flooded and Gone
    I'm not far from you...I'm in cherry point and still isn't much of what you're looking for other than uwharrie. I've heard of people talking about bogue but I've never found anything down there...

Products Discussed in

To Top