1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coil spacers with fabtech 2.5 inch coilovers???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dispatcher101, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Jul 13, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    dispatcher101

dispatcher101 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1995 SR5 V6 EXTENDED CAB
    2" Body Lift, 2.5" Fabtech in Front, 3" Alcan in Rear, Lockrite in Rear, 33" BFG K2 Mudders, Sliders
    HEY,

HOPEFULLY IT'S NOT A DUMB QUESTION BUT I WILL ASK IT ANYWAYS. AM RUNNING THE 2.5 INCH FABTECH ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS IN THE FRONT OF MY 1995 TACO; ALSO HAVE A 1 INCH BODY LIFT AS WELL. GOT A GOOD DEAL ON SOME ALCAN SPRINGS IN THE BACK.

SO...THE TRUCK DOESN'T SIT EXACTLY LEVEL. THE BACK IS A LITTLE TALLER THAN THE FRONT. I AM GUESSING THAT THE COILOVERS IN THE FRONT ARE GETTING A LITTLE TIRED.

SO MY IDEA WAS...INSTALL 2 INCH COIL SPACERS ON THE FRONT AND DIAL THE COIL LIFT DOWN AN INCH OR SO. IN DOING SO LEVELING THE TRUCK A LITTLE MORE. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??? i KNOW THAT IT WILL INCREASE THE ANGLE ON MY HALF SHAFTS EVEN MORE...BUT I HAVE JUST COME TO EXPECT THAT I HAVE TO REPLACE THEM FAIRLY OFTEN. WILL THIS EFFECT MY RIDE MUCH? ANYONE FORESEE ANY GLARING PROBLEMS??? BELOW IS A LINK TO THE COIL SPACERS I WAS LOOKING AT.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/52901TL.html

ANY INPUT BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DAN

2. Jul 13, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    just invest in a new front coilover, one that wont sag and wont be needing a spacer lift on top of it

3. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    DO NOT stack lifts.

4. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    Its_Taco_Time

Its_Taco_Time Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Yorba Linda
    Vehicle:
    07 Tunda DC TRD Offroad
    CST spindles, Magnaflow, TRD intake
    Why is your question all caps?????

5. Jul 14, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    dont stack lifts.

you will kill your truck and yourself.

6. Jul 14, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    BajaTaco96

BajaTaco96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Silver Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma 4wd, 3" suspension lift
    K&N, ToyTec 3" front spacers, 3" Fabtech AAL's, Flowmaster exhuast, no cat, Exedy Stage 2 clutch

IT'S CALLED EXCITEMENT! I PERSONALLY ENJOY YELLING AT EVERYONE WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS. :p

lol Just pokin' fun dude, I found out the other day my laptop has a literal 'caps lock' where hitting the button doesn't stop the yelling. :smash:

But seriously, from someone who has a front spacer lift. DON'T! Stacking lifts is like asking your truck to fall apart whilst doing 80mph and killing all the occupants. < No one likes the sound of that. So don't do it. Plus spacers ride like straight arse man. I personally wish I would have just saved and went OME front coilovers up front and been happy, but I'm impatient and needed a lift asap. You have a pretty badass setup, don't ruin it with spacers.

:( Spacers hurt my feelings, and back. lol

You're not gonna find many people that actually like spacers like that. I liked them at the time being, but seeing as I miss my comfortable ride and ability to flex; They aren't worth it. If I fly over a decent bump you can feel my front end hit it's limits and bounce all over the place like a drunk guy trying to baja. Definitely not worth it if you enjoy a nice ride.

7. Jul 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    2004Taco

2004Taco Financially Irresponsible

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab PreRunner SR5 TRD
    I have fagtect coilovers, i mean Fabtech. LOL, I dont mind them. I dont really take my truck off roading but ive heard good things.

Products Discussed in

To Top