1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

coilovers for already lifted 6 inch pro comp

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by saltidadyo, Jan 26, 2011.

1. saltidadyo

saltidadyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Pro Comp 6inch Lift Kit, Borla cat back, Moto metal 18 inch wheels, Mickey thompson 35 inch Baja's MTZ, Alpine INA 900BT, Thule roof rack, Satoshi Grill, Piaa driving lights on soon to be gone bull bar
    yeah we have 6 inches right now and it just started comming down now harder, i have no where to be but im gonna take the truck out in a little while see if anyone needs help getting pulled out stuck whatever just a reason to get on the road

2. saltidadyo

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Pro Comp 6inch Lift Kit, Borla cat back, Moto metal 18 inch wheels, Mickey thompson 35 inch Baja's MTZ, Alpine INA 900BT, Thule roof rack, Satoshi Grill, Piaa driving lights on soon to be gone bull bar
    tim i got my borla put on last week. im happy with it but i thought it would be a little louder. cat back

3. saltidadyo

Member:
    First Name:
    sal
    new jersey
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    BUMP ALMOST PULLING TRIGGER ON COILOVERS BUT STILL VERY UNDECIDED ON WHICH ONES TO GET. THIS SOUNDS STUPID BUT I KINDA WANTED RED COILEVERS, I GUESS THATS NOT A BIG DEAL ANYWAYS BUT PLEASE HELP

4. TBK224

TBK224 ~THE LIGHT GUY~ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BADASS TACO
    6" Pro Comp Stage One Lift Kit and 35" Toyo Open Country M/T's riding on 18" XD Addict Wheels
    Get them. Your gonna love them!!!

5. CAN8EN

CAN8EN Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    07 trd sport
    black grill guard, 6 inch pro comp stage 1, pro comp wheels, 315/70/17 GoodYear Wrangler MT/R kevlar
    I'm looking at doing the same thing(getting rid of the stock shocks and the spacer and going with a 6 inch lifted coilover)

What is the difference in cost?
    and Ride?

6. icallhertaco11

icallhertaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner Magnetic Gray
    Icon 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers and Icon 2.0 with resi extended travel rear shocks, Custom Atlas Leafs, pro comp full chrome wheels, 35inch Nitto Trail Grapplers. Magnaflow 5x8x18 Muffler, Black on chrome Smittybuilt tube steps. aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter.
    How much are the ProComp coilovers?

7. Evenflow

Evenflow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06' DBCB SB 4x4
    Yes
    There are a few more differences in the stage 1 and stage 2 procomp kits. If you ditch the spacer and go with the 2.5 CO's you should double check with your PC dealer to be sure. I know the sway bar spacers and the sway bar positioning are different and I think there are a couple other small kit parts you may need. I have seen the tie rod ends not flipped for some reason on the stage one kits too. Icon has a purpose built CO for 6" lifted trucks and Fox will do a custom factory series build for you with a custom length eyelets and custom valving too. If you go with Icon Donwsouth Motorsports in San Diego has a custom valve figured out for great ride quality.

To Top