1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coleman Stoves

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by derekp, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Dec 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    derekp

derekp [OP] giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    Not sure if this is the best place for this thread but:

I have a Coleman Model 440 dual fuel stove that I have been using unleaded fuel in. I use it a lot, along with my kerosene heater, in my garage when we are hanging out drinking/etc. When I pulled it out this season, I tried to fire it up as normal but it wouldn't lite. I figured that the generator assembly was AFU so I looked at cleaning it and trying the remedies I found online. (The reason I think it is the generator is, the valve still spews fuel once pressure is built up in the tank.) The online remedy was to hit it with a torch to burn out the carbon, etc. It appeared to work since I had smoke/unburnt fuel coming out of both ends. Unfortunately, when I put it back together it still wouldn't work. Y'all have any ideas?

2. Dec 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    JTacoma

JTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7 4X4 5 speed
    Icon Stage 2 Coilovers, Camburg UCAs, 33x12.50x15 Dick Cepek Trail Country EXP on American Racing AR201 15x10 wheels, differential drop, carrier bearing drop, BPV bracket, Leer canopy with Rhino Racks
    Those are great little stoves. My first thought would also be the generator. I don't think that heating up the generator with a torch would clean it very much. I would buy a replacement generator for it and use white gas instead of unleaded. I have heard that unleaded isn't as clean and can clog things up. Good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top