1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Coleman Stoves

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by derekp, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Dec 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM

derekp [OP] giddy up!

May 16, 2009
    First Name:
    Grand Forks, ND
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    Not sure if this is the best place for this thread but:

I have a Coleman Model 440 dual fuel stove that I have been using unleaded fuel in. I use it a lot, along with my kerosene heater, in my garage when we are hanging out drinking/etc. When I pulled it out this season, I tried to fire it up as normal but it wouldn't lite. I figured that the generator assembly was AFU so I looked at cleaning it and trying the remedies I found online. (The reason I think it is the generator is, the valve still spews fuel once pressure is built up in the tank.) The online remedy was to hit it with a torch to burn out the carbon, etc. It appeared to work since I had smoke/unburnt fuel coming out of both ends. Unfortunately, when I put it back together it still wouldn't work. Y'all have any ideas?
  2. Dec 21, 2011 at 3:01 PM

JTacoma Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2011
    1995.5 2.7 4X4 5 speed
    Bilstein 5100, 31x10.5 Michelin LTX AT2
    Those are great little stoves. My first thought would also be the generator. I don't think that heating up the generator with a torch would clean it very much. I would buy a replacement generator for it and use white gas instead of unleaded. I have heard that unleaded isn't as clean and can clog things up. Good luck.
To Top