1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colleen the Cummins Build(SOLD 22 April 2023)

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by ChamYota, Jan 23, 2022.

1. May 15, 2022 at 3:07 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota [OP] Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Was browsing FB Marketplace looking for new oem wheels and stumbled on these 20" Black OEM wheels with good tires (2 of them anyway)

Rode down to charleston to pick em up and got them looking fresh.

Now just gotta either find 2 285/60/20 tires or just run 35x 12.5x 20

IMG_6806.jpg

2. May 27, 2022 at 3:38 PM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Found 2 matching 285/60/20 on ebay for 350 shipped with 9/32rd tread.

Toyo Open Country A/TIII

Same brand and everything some how lol.

hopefully get these tires on next week and sell the stocks for the next truck mod

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    w.adventures likes this.
  3. Jun 9, 2022 at 8:43 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    Update time:

Got the tires on the truck this past weekend. Looks great, got a little more height out the truck and they rub on the control arms despite being like a 33.5" lol. It's on full lock so i aint too fussed about it.

Heading to Gastonia tomorrow to pick up a Rough Country Rear bumper. Regular price was 900 but i aint paying anything close to that lol.

Need to swap the door handles and remove the Cummins badge to finish the look i thinks

upload_2022-6-9_11-42-47.jpg

jdmjustin likes this.
  4. Jan 28, 2023 at 11:36 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    Been about 6-8 months since the last update so seems like a good time for one.

Still looking for a front steel bumper becasue only the front has chrome now

Trucks still got the emissions stuff on it. DEF is currently at 1/4 so whenever it gives me the warning to fill it up, i'll be removing said equipment :laugh:

Been averaging almost 17mpg which is pretty decent for a 8000lb truck. Going 400+ miles between fuelups is nice too.

Only real "mods" so far has been the retrofit i just finished last week :cool: NHK IV+ in the factory 2013+ projector OEM lights. Way wayy better output than the factory halogen quads.

Trucks given me no issues beside the Front timing cover gasket that leaks on everyones truck and it leaves 1-2 oil spots on the driveway every once in a while so i aint fussed about that yet. Free rust prevention :cool:

2F746C14-99E5-47F1-8BE4-907597740DB6.jpg

IMG_37C2AF3A36F1-1.jpg

w.adventures likes this.
  5. Feb 22, 2023 at 6:06 AM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    Got the new bumper on the front of the truck. It was a 3 piece Amazon special. I coudln't stomach owning a truck with a big lower lip like most most full size truck owners. I wish a company would actually make bumpers that fit well enough on these trucks. Rough country of all people make one but they're discontinued since the 5th gens have been out a while.

It being 3 piece seems to be a new standard as some of the bigger companies are moving to modular setups. Honestly the quality isnt ARB but i didnt pay 3000$ for it i paid 560$. It'll replace my beat to shit chrome and pretty much remove all the chrome thats left on the truck.

I like the light bar cutout (found a baja designs i'll stick in there) and will probs grab some Diode Dynamics SAE fog lights to go where the fog lights do.

Only thing really left is to remove the emissions and get a small 50hp tune from Canada and just drive it.

Suspension and trac bar will come when the old tires wear out. Still not sure if i want 20s or go down to 17s like on the power-wagons. they're actual beadlocks too so i may end up doing that.

IMG_8103 2.HEIC.jpg

ColoradoTJ and w.adventures like this.
  6. Feb 22, 2023 at 9:47 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ I drink, and I know things… Moderator

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    Who are you using in Canada for the tune?

7. Feb 22, 2023 at 12:53 PM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    Im thinking CCS tunes through Dirty Diesel Customs

they've got a single 45hp tune im gonna run. I dont need gobs of power to go from work to home and the odd trailer/boat tow to and from the lake. I figure i keep it simple and the truck will last forever. 10k miles so far on it and at 250k it's running like a brand new truck still to me.

Super reviews, been around a long time and does Cummins/Powerstroke/Dmax

Well versed in safe trans tunes as well.

Gonna probs go with MM3 as the platform so i can have data monitoring as well. So i dont have to buy a Edge cts3 on top.

8. Apr 22, 2023 at 6:37 PM
    ChamYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    This build is dead. :)

Sold it today to fund the next one. Coming soon!

Products Discussed in

To Top