1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Kappes03, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Aug 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    4.88's are installed.:thumbsup:

2. Aug 6, 2015 at 7:37 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    So tomorrow I am turning down two opportunities for a great challenge. One is in Oregon, and one is in Washigton (same employer)
    While the challenge is great, I don't see it being something practical to pack up and ship the family.
    On the flip side, not only am I have been over-seeing the Longmont project, but will also now over see Citadel springs ... @Stalkerhorse :spy: along with the current location I'm at.

NativeTaco and 303tacoma like this.
  3. Aug 6, 2015 at 7:41 PM
    SilverGhost

SilverGhost Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RayRay
    Reunion, Co
    Vehicle:
    02,03 some 04, it's complicated
    #junkyardparts
    He must of saw your tires :D

303tacoma and T-Rex266 like this.
  4. Aug 6, 2015 at 8:37 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    :eek:

T-Rex266[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Aug 7, 2015 at 4:59 PM
    Tacomalover303

Tacomalover303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    I need help here. Just put a lift on my 2008 sport. Did it myself.. two struts with coils and a AAL. Went to get a alignment and they cant get the cambers off. They said they need to cut the bolts out and torch the bushings. I found online I can get all 4 camber washers with bolts and new bushings for like $170.00 shipped to me. My questions is how hard will it be to cut the old ones out? What do I use? Im thinking a sawzaw will not do the trick. I'm not about to spend $1,000 for a shop to do this.

Tacomalover303, 19 minutes ago Edit Report

6. Aug 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    Good luck.... once u cut the eccentrics out, u still have to press out and in the new bushings.

7. Aug 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM
    Tacomalover303

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport

What can I use to cut the eccentrics out with? Cant I rent a bushing puller from a auto store?

8. Aug 7, 2015 at 8:10 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    I use a 4 inch wheel on my cutoff tool. And an air hammer with a special cutting bit.

And no a bushing puller won't do it. We use a 20 ton press at work. Its a hell of a job.

9. Aug 8, 2015 at 6:54 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Sean why do you keep interviewing for new jobs? You know you can't leave Colorado.

Plus you need to come camping now that I bought the toy hauler, it will make it easy for the kiddos :)

10. Aug 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Haha. I don't. It's my same employer - just different regionals I know who are calling to see if I would be interested in taking it.

And I agree...we need to plan something before summer ends man!

11. Aug 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I'm sitting at the exit of carnage at the moment. Watched a few people come up. I guess somebody flopped a bit back so we're waiting. No idea what's taking them so long though. Thank god I have Internet. Lol

teamhypoxia and NativeTaco like this.
  12. Aug 8, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Gonna try and go one of the last weekends in September.

T-Rex266[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Aug 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    Keep me posted?

14. Aug 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    acidchylde

acidchylde Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport AC, black, still pretty much stock
    I've read so many stories about this happening and never had an issue. Then, yesterday, as we left Moab I looked at the display and didn't see anything. I thought it was just dark, and moved my sunglasses like a few days before. Nothing. Whacked it with my knuckles and it lit up bright. :facepalm:Now I'm wondering if it just had started going dim some time ago and I never noticed. Guess I'm going to have to do the fix too.

I sit on the fence between these groups, and quite frankly there's extremists and asshats on both sides. As with anything like this really. I mean you see things about people sabotaging mountain bike trails and at the same time people going in and building all-new, illegal trails on public lands (and I mean like ramps and elevated curves and actual trail construction). Are the comments made there (well, not the sabotage which is pretty extreme) any different than the comments about hikers (or tree-huggers/environmentalists) made here?

Sometimes uses conflict, and groups have differing opinions. Both sides tend to trash talk the other. The extremists are out of line, and you can bet I'd report that shit from either side. I try not to stereotype either side - the vast majority of hikers I've come across as a 4x4er and 4x4ers I've run into as a hiker are nice people, pretty much the same friendly and helpful to either side. But there is that small percentage who are asshats on both sides - either to the other groups or others within their group. I prefer to judge the individual on their actions and attitude as opposed to their mode of transportation.

If I could like this ten times I would have. It was my first thought as well when I read the post. Bitch about the 4x4 community tearing up the land, then talk about hikers creating social trails all over the place like it's perfectly ok. How hypocritical. It's not like bushwhacking is a bad thing if done correctly, but when you start making trails that's no longer bushwhacking. It's making a bypass, and just like the 4x4 community you need to stay the trail, get your feet wet and wade the obstacle, or turn the fuck around (much like how trails get widened as people try to go around mud puddles - wear proper footwear and walk through that shit moron). I've ferried hikers across water crossings like that before and they were grateful for it.

15. Aug 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    :popcorn: for pictures

16. Aug 9, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    Monster1088

Monster1088 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB OR Tacoma
    So i guess I should have posted this in here.....Wondering if any one can help me find some good places to fish that's away from the usual crowded areas. No I am not asking for anyone to give up their secret spots....just want to get away from the people, if that's possible, and do a little fly fishing and camping. I am definitely not afraid to hike to places and would love to take my new tacoma up new roads. Im in the springs and have lived here only a couple of years. Thanks

17. Aug 9, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    CO MTN Steve

CO MTN Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    RaMbLiN' CoLoRaDo
    Vehicle:
    2015 Taco DCSB Blue
    Lifted, Armored, needs more lights.
    Tarryall just west of you is often overlooked, pretty much any place that needs a hike over a mile, eliminates 90% of the fly fishers from my observation

18. Aug 9, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    You can use a sawzall but be prepared to use like five blades lol

19. Aug 9, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    Tacomalover303

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport
    Ha nice ! I took it to Firestone and they were able to get the bolts turned a bit but not all the way so the alignment was pretty good but not right on. Thinking about just replacing both control arms with new camber kit.

20. Aug 10, 2015 at 3:30 AM
    303tacoma

303tacoma Bad Karma is a Bitch

Member:
    First Name:
    Rebecca
    Sw Denver Concrete Jungle
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD AC 4th gen Rav4 Platinum
    ICONS Front & extended Rears DAKARS LR UCAS Wheelers Super Bumps F/R Homersoshi & Bumper insert, Ultra Gauge, Wet Okole seat covers, AFE air filter, Truxedo tonneau cover, LED White Cluster swap by yosh2000, Audio upgrade, ECGS Bushing, rcbs204 Lighted 4x4switch, Bullaculla trailer harness relocate bracket SOS Concepts IFS skid & sliders Anti- Dark RedLine Hood Struts Matt Gecko Bed Lights BHLM Depo Tailights Fog light anytime mod ABS cancel mod Rear diff breather mod Brake light 35watt mod Relentless u bolt flip Mobtown Recovery Bar Sound deadener doors rear wall
    Nice you could get LR Ucas and they can adjust camber and caster from there its not fixing the issue but you would have more adjustment.

Products Discussed in

To Top