1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Colorado San Juan Mountains August 7th to 17th

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by thekidcatcher, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Mar 22, 2017 at 6:37 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Heading to Colorado in August from Texas. If anyone wants to meet up for a few days during the trip or even if you live around the area and want to meet up for a beer or two, lemme know!

2. Apr 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Just bumping this for anyone interested

3. Apr 19, 2017 at 8:39 PM
    Taco Caliente

Taco Caliente WTF?

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB
    God, I miss that place! Had a 77 FJ40 back in the day. Did some trails around the Telluride/Oruay area, Imogene Pass, etc. (not Black Bear). I would give my left nut to do it all over again! Will be retiring soon, thank God! I envy you bro!

4. May 14, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Well work it all out and get that dream going again! Only have one life and man is it worth it. Taking fly gear to hike to some of the high altitude lakes and such. Going to have a ball!

5. May 14, 2017 at 5:31 PM
    Taco Caliente

Taco Caliente WTF?

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR DCSB
    I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this one! Man, if I could, I'd be right there drinking some brews with you around the fireplace after a day of trail running. Honestly, it's too short of notice for me an my stock '17. But put me in your "next year's plan". San Juans, Moab area, Wyoming, etc. I like all those places! Just curious, what's your itinerary?

6. May 21, 2017 at 2:27 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Its really pretty open. August 7th to 17th. Going to plan trails and all that such as we go day to day. Going to hike a bit and also fly fish when we come across the lakes we mapped out as having fish in them. Just a good amount of time to get away from the hustle and bustle before school picks up again.

7. May 31, 2017 at 2:00 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    What area you going to be in? I have a wedding to attend in telluride on Aug 12th, I will be wheeling the san juan area the following week (most likely base camp out of ouray)

I have wheeled that whole area for many years now. I am planning on doing black bear, mineral gultch/engineer some of the more scenic stuff as I have done all the trails before, many times. Had family that lived in Durango I used to visit yearly.

I am planning on heading further north towards the 15th or so for the Great American Solar Eclipse on Augusts 21st, its the 1st time in over 90 years a complete solar eclipse will cross the continental US from west coast to east coast. Planning to catch it in Iowa or Wyoming then hitting the grand Tetons and Yellowstone before returning home. Lots of beautiful BLM land to explore!

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  8. May 31, 2017 at 3:05 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Dang! I wish I could be doing all that too. I'll be in the San Juan mountain range from the 7th until the 17th. I don't have any schedule for the specific trails that I want to hit, but I will be around. Have you ever done any fly fishing in the area? I'm interested in giving that a shot.

9. May 31, 2017 at 3:15 PM
    WhiteNemesis

WhiteNemesis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr PattyCakes
    T-Town, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Cant get enough
    Blow it through the roof
    I have not, nor do I fly fish, but a guy I have returned to that area with over the last couple years, @PHTaco is big into it and will be able to give you some great suggestions. I know the head waters of the Rio Grande are good, and he has had some success in the glacier pools near most of the passes.

Well have to exchange info, and re connect as we get closer to August. I would love to do a couple trails with ya. You camping the whole time?

10. Jun 2, 2017 at 6:28 AM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    You bet man. That would be awesome.

Products Discussed in

To Top