1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

connecting coaxials to an amp

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jnub, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mar 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    jnub

jnub [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 prerunner
    How's it going guys and gals. I'm currently installing an amp to power my JLs. I have components in he front which work fine, however my rear coaxials aren't receiving any power. My buddy tells me I need a cross over for the rears, but I think otherwise. Can you help me out?

2. Mar 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    Kyle

Kyle Mckeown343

Member:
    Arcata
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    3 inch toytec, magnaflow exhaust, KNN intake, URD MAF, HID 55 watt, Hella 500 HID, Smoked tail lights LED running lights, Pioneer deck with 8 inch infinity sub, Focal 165VB and 165CVX with JL 320/4, Tinted all around 3%, Tinted interior lights.
    Is your amp a 4 channel or 2?

3. Mar 3, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    godofspeed

godofspeed Washington State.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD OR DC
    Body Armor front bumper Body Armor rear bumper 17x8.5 Method Bead Lock 35x12.50 Camburg LT Fox coilover All Pro 11 pack leaf Fox rear shock with DSC Allpro frame slider Smittybuilt 9500 winch Cobra CB w/firestick antenna. Hi-lift Smittybuilt air compressor
    You don't really need crossover for the rears. Check the fade on your radio. Like Kyle said is it a 2 channel or 4 channel amp? If its a 4 channel amp swap the RCA on the amp from the front channel to the rear channel and see if you hear sound in the front speaker, this will eliminate the radio and rca wires. Let me know what happens and I can help you further.

4. Mar 4, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    jnub

jnub [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 prerunner
    its a 5 channel hiphonics. the 5th channel is for my subs. the fade is normal. i did what you suggested godofspeed, and i switched the RCA from the front channel to the rear, and i dont hear any sound. woe is me im so confused.

in another update, switching the RCA to different channels did yield sound in the rear speakers, however they are not powerful. and i cannot get all 4 to play.

Products Discussed in

To Top