1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Consumer Reports on LTruck tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by northlite, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Dec 20, 2008 at 5:26 AM

northlite [OP] Active Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Cape Cod/Northern Newfoundland
    05 Acc. TRD OR Black Beauty
    The November Consumer Report had an in-depth article comparing twenty allseason and 18 all terrain light truck/SUV tires. Most libraries have CR on their mag racks. Also available at consumerreports.org. Having rolled over an SUV(Pathfinder) on black ice in Northern Newfoundland on a below zero day(fortunately only shaken up, though car totalled), it is worth it to me to subscribe to cr.org just for the objective tire reviews.

Consumer Reports does an excellent job of testing and comparing tires, including snow and ice tests, which I pay particular attention to as I go up to northern Newfoundland every winter. I focus on the ice braking, which many of the tires that fit the Taco are not that great at, no matter what the user reviews say at TireRack. The best ice breaking and good in snow are not the ones that are the best for regular driving and vice versa. So tires, like so much in life, require compromises. I highly recommend looking at the CR comparisons.
To Top