1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Contractor question, converting 1/2 bath to full bath.

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Tillers_Rule, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Nov 21, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule [OP] ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    I know prices will vary depending on existing pipe locations and what not, but has anyone here converted 1/2 bath (sink and pot) to a full bath, as in added a shower/bath, maybe that's technically a 3/4 bath IDK? And what costs are associated? Permitted of course:)

2. Nov 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM
    River88

River88 Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2008 SILVER SPORT 4x4
    Tint, Gorilla Wheel Locks, Seatbelt chime disable mod...awesome! Illuminated 4x4 switch
    Hey Tillers, I'v done lots of this kind of thing. There are many variables so let's just say you're intent is to leave the lav and w/c where they are and just update the furniture. So that leaves us with creating the additional space for a tub/shower. So that means framing, then buying a tub, having a plumber install it and plumb the waste line, then bring up new copper to the shower valve and shower, durarock the tub surround and tile, (or whatever finish you're thinking of). So, adding the tub/shower is straight forward if you've got the room. costs will vary on how much you want to sub out. are you gonna do any of it yourself. you can save a lot.
    post again if you want some cost specifics for certain tasks, but without me knowing there is just too much to speculate on.
    River88

Products Discussed in

To Top