1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Convince My Dad To Lift It...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by xwillx93, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    xwillx93

xwillx93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    MBRP "Cool Duals" dual side swept exhaust, Volant Intake, Blacked Out Tail lights, Touchscreen Kenwood DDx616 with a 10" Kicker CVR in a custom Box, 2 Kicker Comp 6" Speakers, Removed front and rear mud flaps, Weathertech Floormats, Kobalt Slim Toolbox, Chevrolet Air compressor
    So when i turned 16 my dad lost his job, and right before, he decided we needed a 4wd since we lived in Colorado. He bought an 09 reg cab and now i'm driving it. We moved to Florida awhile ago ad i've become part of the site and love everything about Tacomas! Currently we have 32" A/T Bridgestones on 17" XD's but i want to upgrade to a more aggressive tread and bigger tire which means...LIFT KIT. I'm only looking for around 2 inches or so..so nothing to extreme. But my dad is so against changing the ride, so what's some stuff i could lay down in front of him to convince him to? And i've put every dime down on accessories on this truck by myself working on palmtree farms and at Publix so im a working man and i contribute to society :rolleyes: I'd also like to see some of your guys' lifted reg cabs. Thanks guys!
    truck2.jpg
    truck.jpg

truck3.jpg

2. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Hate to say it, but unless you off road there's not much function for a lift... You can go with the better ride arguement and maybe try to convince him into a mild lift. 5100's with Eibach coils up front will give you 1.6" lift and a progressive 1.5" AAL in the back would ride very nice.

3. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM
    sambojee

sambojee Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OffRoad
    Bilstein 5100 all around set at 2.5. 1.5 AAL in the rear. 265/75/16 Hancook Dynapro MTs on Black Moto Metal 951s. Black badges. Aftermarket grill. TRD seat covers.
    haha dude im in the same boat bro exept my dad is sricked as hell but i told him that the stock shocks dont last very long (ive got 60,000 on em) and the ride right now really sucks so i told him about the 5100s and he said if u need em u can get them. I bought them but didnt tell him it will give me 3 inches of lift haha but he didnt really notice but it does ride better with 5100s set at 2.5 and 1.5 AAL in the back

Products Discussed in

To Top