1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cooper for snow and road.?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Blackat, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Sep 17, 2016 at 7:37 PM
    FrankNasti

FrankNasti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Anywhere the Army tells my wife to go.
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    The toddler and baby seat mod.
    I've got AT3 s on my Forester and they have done great up here in CO with the snow. The only thing they haven't been great is drivin through lakes, but that's a different story.

2. Sep 25, 2016 at 7:15 PM
    TacoFergie

TacoFergie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Iowa
    I also didn't have the best luck with AT3's in the snow. I had them on my 01 F150 for 2 winters and maybe 15k miles on the tires from buying them new, one mild and the other pretty bad. They did alright in the snow for acceleration, although I needed to use 4wd more than I thought I needed to. In fresh snow they were good all the way up to about 12", packed snow traction was not that good but thats practically ice sometimes and ice....well it's ice, not that great but without studs it doesnt matter what you have. But lateral grip (turning) was not that good, there were many times I would turn but the truck didn't at lower speeds that I thought the tires should have been fine and in 2wd I found myself sliding around more than I have in past experiences and with little throttle input . Now I never got stuck, but I generally don't put myself in situations to get stuck. On road performance was great, hiway was nice and quiet, rain was pretty good, off road was decent, mud was not that good and snow was stated above.

Overall though, not a bad tire especially for the price. But I think there are better out there. I'm kinda in the same boat right now, trying to find a new set of tires come winter. I have a feeling the stock Dunlap At20 isn't going to perform well.

Products Discussed in

To Top