1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Couple exhaust questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Backroadbomber, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Oct 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Backroadbomber

Backroadbomber [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hamburg, New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4wd 5sp Base
    Ok so I have a 2011 regular cab with a 2.7 and I'm looking for an exhaust for it. My first question is, are the cat back exhausts for the 2.7 the same as the 4.0? A lot of exhausts I've looked at are listed as 2.7/4.0 and the pics I've seen of a 6cyl exhaust looks like it would fit my truck but I just wanted to be sure. Also, I can't find a stainless steel cat back for a standard cab anywhere, only for access and double cab. I'm wondering if I can just cut it shorter and re weld it? And before I get flamed, yes, I did search and everyone's response in the 10 pages i looked through was "go to an exhaust shop" or "cut and clamp in a muffler" I want to replace everything with stainless so I won't replace just the muffler, and I can get a magniflow cat back in stainless with all the hangars and flanges already on it for $300, which no exhaust shop can beat. Any help is appreciated.

2. Oct 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    Backroadbomber

Backroadbomber [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hamburg, New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4wd 5sp Base

Products Discussed in

To Top