1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cracked window trim coating

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by zmotojason, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Aug 19, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    zmotojason

zmotojason [OP] New Member

Member:
    The black rubberized coating on my widonw trim is severely degraded and peeling off. I live in AZ and the sun is brutal. Where is a good place to find replacements? Under the rubberized coating, the trim is chrome and would look fine if I could get it all removed. How hard is it to remove the trim?

I'm sure others have had this problem, but I couldn't find any info searching the forums. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Aug 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    1st of all.. welcome to tacoma world zmotojason
    2nd of all.. there are a few members here that will be around to answer your question

3. Aug 22, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    ubermx5

ubermx5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Clara CA
    Vehicle:
    98 2.4 5 speed
    K&N Air filter
    I have this 2.

No clue what to do to fix it..

other than new piece from the dealer or whole salers

4. Sep 16, 2008 at 10:45 PM
    Gregdaddy

Gregdaddy Lurker

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    96' Tacoma
    3inch body, 3 inch revtech, NWOR 4 inch rear leaf springs, NWOR +1 inch front coils, 33-14.50-16 Boggers on black Rock Crawlers, camo interior, Rancho Shocks and Struts, drilled rotors, Fender Flares
    In South Carolina if you have full coverage and have any cracks in any of your windows and have full coverage they replace it for free. When my rear seal started cracking I called Glasspro and got my appoinment and the morning I was to get it replaced I busted it with a wrench and cracked it from the outside. The tint held the window together so I pushed the rest out. Showed up for my appointment and boom , new rear window and seal. :eek: ~~ not sure how they do it in the AZ !!!

5. Oct 14, 2008 at 1:09 AM
    Choco Taco

Choco Taco Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    01 D-CAB SR5
    2" Lift 265/75/16' MT's Homemade Prerunner Bar
    If its windshied trim you're talking.....you're probably looking at taking your windshield out and replacing the molding, IF thats possible on a tacoma, Never had mine out I dont know, but on a lot of newer Vehicles the molding is bonded to the glass straight from the factory.

If its side glass, you'll probably just have to call up 'yota, although some rubbers area available through your local auto body supplier, just never count on the fit of anything that isnt OEM (we ran into tons of problems with aftermarket parts at our shop)

Products Discussed in

To Top