1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crap...Not another newbie!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bkrdave36, May 12, 2011.

1. May 12, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    bkrdave36

bkrdave36 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Double Cab Black
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    Hey All

My name is Dave. I'm nearly 50 yrs old, but my brain tells me I'm still 25.
    I have a 2006 PreRunner Sport (yeah... I know) 6 cylinder. So far I've put on a Daystar 3 inch lift (spacers) and BFG AT KO's. Sorry I don't remeber the exact size, but they are bigger than stock but not 32's. I tried 32's at Discount Tire but with the stock rims the tires were rubbing on the A frame of the suspension. So i went one size down.

When I am not at my day job driving the big rigs for FedEx Freight I am President of the Arizona Chapter of the North American Field Herpetology Association. We are snake and lizard people. The easiest way to explain what we do is "catch and release" the reptiles, take measurements, and keep the info on our online database so that academeics, governement entities, and other scientific folks can use our data.

Anyway.... my first discovery of this site was when I was searching for a way to fix that the stupid temperature gauge/compass . I found the solution in these forums. $10 soldering iron and $4 torx driver vs. $150 for the new board. Thanks a bunch!!!

I will contimnue to scour this forum whenever I need info or a question answered about my truck.

Dave

2. May 12, 2011 at 10:18 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    welcome! i'll say this and i am still looking for the right truck lol. you will get addicted fast to the site i know i am!

3. May 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    bkrdave36

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    Daystar 3 inch lift, Icon Stage 3 Rear Leaf Springs, Durobump bump stops,Bilstein 5125 shocks, BFG All Terrain KO2 Tires, Avid Light bar and step rails, Victory 4x4 bed rack with Tepui Ayer Rooftop Tent, Anytime Fog light mod, Outside Air Temp Gauge mod, ImMrYo Rearview Mirror mod, Chinese Knockoff LED lights, Body Armor 4x4 Offroad Swingout rear tire carrier and bumper, Victory 4x4 Bed Stiffeners, Rattle can Custom Camo paint stripe, Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau cover, various Blue Ridge Overland Gear storage solutions in cab, thats it so far .... to be continued!
    I'm saving up to put a "locker" in my differential to give me more umph on the upslopes since I don't have 4WD.

4. May 12, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Welcome from NM!! :wave:

5. May 12, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Hi Dave... get a 4WD ASAP, and really get out into the desert and seek out the vipers! I have had a few close calls here in San Diego County and down in Baja!

Welcome to TW!

6. May 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM
    motorsport36

motorsport36 Black Lights Matter

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Furnace, AZ
    Vehicle:
    98 SR5 AC 4x4
  7. May 13, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

8. May 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    bkrdave36

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Wittmann,AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hey All

Thanks for the welcome into your community.

As far as needing a 4wd for getting to the vipers, I've found that I can get to 95% of the places I need to go with just the 2wd ltd slip diff. The other 5 % I just call a buddy and have him take me! But I am considering getting a locking rear diff to add a little help to the 95% and maybe bump it up to 98%.

But then Im not a rock crawler or "drive down a trail on the side of a cliff while scraping my mirror on the rock wall on the other side" kind of a guy.

Products Discussed in

To Top