1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crazy amount of accidents lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by memario1214, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Dec 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    its weird that right after i post this, i get in the work truck and head home with my dad...the bout 20 mins later a chevy silverado to my left in the carpool lane starts to swerve nasty and crashes into the center divider barley missing us by bout 2 ft...that dude was at least doing 65 mph and hit a spot of still water :mad:

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Time is money and lives are priceless so I must save as much time as possible in order to come ever closer to the impossible goal.

3. Dec 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I just got off the Hollywood frwy (101) and saw a semi hydroplane entering the frwy.

4. Dec 20, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    My take on "accidents"

1. these are TRUCKS we are driving, not cars. they dont handle like a car(xrunners excluded). quit driving them like they are.

2. people in general need to slow the hell down. what is the big rush? if you need to go 80 to get to work on time, leave earlier, and do the speed limit. not only will slowing down lessen your chance of an "accident", it will also save you on gas.

3. put the phone down and drive (enough said).

4. when the weather conditions are less than optimal(rain,snow,sleet,hail)slow down. 4x4 is great, but it doesn't make up for lack of common sense.

the reason i put accident in quotes above is because rarely is an accident truly an accident. normally a so-called accident is just a result of negligence and or ignorance......

5. Dec 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

Never seen that before. I hate driving the 101 and the 405. people can't drive without the rain can't imagine with it.

6. Dec 21, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    was watching the news right now and yet another taco in an accident....on the 101 fwy in encino...

Products Discussed in

To Top