1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CRC frame process

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mactaco109, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jul 7, 2020 at 12:21 PM
    mactaco109

mactaco109 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma trd
    New to forum but have visited many times.
    Question is this I recently had the CRC program apply to my frame of my 2011 Tacoma. Upon completion I looked under the truck and dealer had only Applied the portions on the frame under the four doors and nothing else. I’ve seen videos of the CRC process on frames and it was a black petroleum based product. What they applied to my truck was basically white caulk. Any thoughts? Thank you

2. Jul 7, 2020 at 12:39 PM
    Black DOG Lila

Black DOG Lila Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 2.7 5 speed 4WD
    Stock. EZ pass.Dump pass.Inspection sticker.Convict printed lic.plates.FG cap.
    Welcome aboard new member
    The latest CRC is a light colored oily Wax applied inside frame members with some leakage at weld points.

3. Jul 7, 2020 at 1:20 PM
    mactaco109

mactaco109 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma trd
    Many thanks! Do you know if it’s common to apply oily wax only to half of the frame and not the entire frame?

4. Jul 7, 2020 at 1:31 PM
    grizquad

grizquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD sport
    Plasmaglow Firestorm lights, Westin Bull bar, Flyzeye interior console lights
    Took mine in Monday and supposed to be ready tomorrow. Some of the pictures I have seen in other threads show inside the boxed frame only with plugs covering the holes. Some of the pictures I have seen have been pretty sloppy and I showed the service writer and asked if that's how they do it and she said no.......we shall see. Monday night they sent me a laundry list of stuff that needed to be taken care of to the tune of a little over $2000. I declined.
    Cant wait to see as they told me both of my E brake cables were broken at the base.......cant figure that out as I use the brake to hold on hill all the time, oh well

5. Jul 7, 2020 at 1:38 PM
    keith88lx

keith88lx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mount Prospect
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    Had mine done last week. Same thing, white looking goop, some plugs added to frame, and looked like mostly front part of frame on mine. I don’t see anything white or any plugs on the back half of my frame.

Products Discussed in

To Top