1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crooked bed problem... fixed!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rachunter, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Sep 30, 2008 at 6:48 AM
    rachunter

rachunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    XM Radio,Access Lorado Tonneau, Ventshades, Tinted Windows, Destination A/T's , Moto Metal wheels and lots of Liquid Glass
    Just wanted to let you guys know that if anyone else has a crooked bed on their Tacoma, it is very easy to fix.
    I was Liquid Glassing my truck Friday and while looking down the side from the rear of my truck to make sure I got all of the Liquid Glass off I noticed that I had more cab showing on the passenger side then I did on the drivers side. Then I started looking at how on the passenger side my RR tire was sticking out more than it was on the drivers side.

Once I noticed this it really bugged me. If you have this problem all you have to do is get a size 55 Torx head that fits on a rachet and loosen all 6 bed bolts.
    Find somewhere to measure the front of the bed, the center and the rear of the bed. There is enough play once the bolts are loose to adjust and make everything nice and straight. It is easily a one person job. Just make sure the bolts are very loose but not out and make sure you measure everything before you start that way you have a baseline.

Everything is good now, I cannot believe it took me 5 months to notice how crooked the bed was.......:)

2. Oct 1, 2008 at 2:01 PM
    CometKat

CometKat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    Mine is off a little also. However, upon investigating the six attachment points I notice a fixed guide pin that is part of the bed that sits in a receiver hole just in front of the forward driver side attachment point. So I don’t see that there is any adjustment other than a slight rotation around this guide pin.

3. Oct 2, 2008 at 4:22 AM
    rachunter

rachunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    XM Radio,Access Lorado Tonneau, Ventshades, Tinted Windows, Destination A/T's , Moto Metal wheels and lots of Liquid Glass
    Well trust me......once you loosen the bolts you can move the bed in all directions 1/4 to 3/8". I do not know what pin you are talking about but I know for sure my bed moves in all directions when loose.

I will check mine this evening when I get home to see if I can find the pin you speak of, maybe they forgot mine......LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top