1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cross model swapable parts

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by torreypines, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Dec 1, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    torreypines

torreypines [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 RC
    Tonneau cover
    I've learned a great deal from this site and thank all the posters for the information and entertaining reading. I recently purchased an 06 reg cab 2.7L and self installed a Lorado tonneau cover and ordered the intermittent wiper switch. I'd also like to do the heated side mirrors as inexpensively as possible without resorting to gluing on heat elements (no offense meant to tsilliker).

Other posters have suggested that the 06 Sienna heated side mirrors are the same size as those on an 06 Tacoma, but I've not seen anyone confirm this. Does someone have actual verification? Moreover, do the Sienna and Tacoma mirrors have the same inner mounting system? Could one simply pop out a Sienna heated mirror and snap it back into a Tacoma mirror housing? It would also be nice to know if other models have parts that are compatible with the Tacoma. For example are 06-08 Tundra side mirrors interchangeable with the Tacoma?

Finally, it would be nice if a list of cross model swapable parts existed, or could be generated for this site.

TIA

Products Discussed in

To Top