1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cross Wind front window noise TSB Update.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by tow-coma, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Jan 2, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    Barney387

Barney387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2016 Mag Gray TRD-OR 6spd Manual
    None
    I added some weather stripping I bought at lowes to the actual cab where the door shuts and that seems to have fixed mine.

2. Jan 4, 2019 at 2:50 PM
    BearWithMe

BearWithMe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue DCSB OR manual
    Is there an updated TSB for the 2018 MY? I experience this reed noise from my driver's side window in my 2018 at interstate speeds with a crosswind.

Motomandan likes this.
  3. Jan 7, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    markmizzou

markmizzou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    17 SR5 V6 4x4 AC AT tow pkg. Blue as they come
    A back step for when I get older, N-fab step bars , Carhartt seatcovers, 4Runner wheels, Topper, and "tats all folks"! --for now!!
    Dealer did a TSB for the cab noise on my 17 AC and it made it a different truck as far as noise levels. Details: What they did? The TSB number? Sorry for the lack of info --but the results were super good!

4. Jan 15, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    psvines

psvines Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5
    I was at dealer today for 3 year service and mentioned the noise issue at high speeds with strong crosswinds. Initially I received the expected response, “we’ll need to test drive to confirm the issue”. After the scheduled service was finished the tech said he would order the new seals without driving since today was calm.
    Hopefully in a few days I’ll have the issue resolved, and within the 3 year free period.

5. Jan 16, 2019 at 1:28 PM
    maximoto1516

maximoto1516 New Member

Member:
    Do the weathertech wind blockers for the front windows fix the problem? I have a 2015 Tacoma---issue was on driver's side. Toyota fixed it. Now problem is on passenger side under cross wind conditions---out of warranty. A recent trip to West Tx almost drove me crazy. If weathertech wind blockers work---will spring for a set.

6. Jan 16, 2019 at 2:59 PM
    CountofQ

CountofQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Am curious....?

I realize this is primarily (only?) for the buzz/reed noise. I have not noticed that during the months I've owned my 2017.

What I have heard, and at least one other here mentioned, is a slight 'ticking' type of noise from the seal, just about ear/head height on the driver's side. Seems to occur with bumps and such, as if there is a slight contact between the two halves of the seals that makes and brakes... or rubs.

It's pretty annoying on long trips, although I will admit not nearly as annoying as that buzz/reed sound heard in the videos.

So, my questions. Would the new/updated seals help with this?

How would I know if the currently installed seals are the updated ones, or not? Are they visibly different?

Products Discussed in

To Top