1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cross Wind front window noise TSB Update.

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by tow-coma, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Feb 17, 2019 at 8:41 AM
    texbaz

texbaz Well-Known Member

Member:
    "Buffalo Creek" TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma Silver Sky Metalic DCSB TRD OR
    I been playing around looking at the seals that surround our doors its pretty interesting the amount,size and locations yet we still have these scenarios where air can generate different noises. the First gen did it, second gen, and our 3rd gen does it.
    real quick check I did was how tight is the door seal/compression against the sill (metal). took a piece of shop rag (not cloth) put it between door seal and sill, closed door and pulled up on it to try and see how much seal compression their is.
    none in the upper rear corner of the drivers door where most of my noise comes from. I repeated the rag insertion by opening and closing the door moving it towards the front and it was noticeably harder each time to pull out. that is why the drip tube install seems to have a fair chance of making a positive effect.

2. Feb 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM
    tacomalimited

tacomalimited Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 tacoma limited double cab Short bed 4x4.
    I had that exact same noise,I put a very thin bead of silicone on the side view mirrors in the gap between the black part and the color matched or chrome part(on Limited) and the noise is completely gone! It's been gone for months!

3. Mar 19, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    over60

over60 Over70 & still a "Grumpy Old Guy"

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno (Punkin) TRD 4X4 Sport DCLB w/upgrade & tech pkg..!!
    Toyota running boards/Solid Fold 2.0/custom stickers/Anti-Dark LED light under hood/Derped grill/Scoop, etc.
    Get some liquid silicone spray and put it on a rag and wipe your entire door seal with it...

Bet that works..:thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top