1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cruddy Steering

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by USNavyTaco, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Jul 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    USNavyTaco

USNavyTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goose Creek SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma prerunner sr5 with mods
    2 inch coil spacers up front, tsb rear, Kobalt toolbox, westin bull bar, driver seat height mod, jvc head unit, rag joint zip tie truss mod, 17inch alloy 4runner sr5 rims wrapped in 265 yoko geolanders, off road lights, uhaul hitch, tacoma seat covers, avs vent visors, debadged prerunner, mud flaps gone, scanguage II, glovebox shock absorber mod,flowmaster 40 exhaust,
    I know this issue has opened countless threads, but heregoes...

Steering shake over bumps and at speed.

1. I already have a zip tie jumped in the rag joint, a well as 2 other zip ties trussing the joint.

2. My06 prerunner has 60k, wayyy out of range for that intermediate shaft tsb unfortunately.

3. Im still running original, non trd,black shocks at 60k, done about 2k offroading total.

4. Im upgrading to larger tires (285/75/R16) soon.

Wondering what i should do next. Ive been reading alot about adjusting the spring tension in the rack with that dangerous little bolt underneath. like ive seen alot of lexus owners do, just wondering if that would have much of an effect or if it isnt worth the risk of screwing my rack up.:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top