1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crutchfield.com

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by poff1986, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Oct 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    poff1986

poff1986 [OP] Seasoned Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    05' Impulse Red Tacoma AC 4x4
    Stock
    I recently ordered an install kit for my aftermarket cd player, it was quickly shipped and good shape, except for a bracket that had a broken tab. i called them up, they emailed me a return slip and said they'll send a new one as soon as they get the old one back. Great Customer Service!!!!:)

2. Oct 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    jwhelan

jwhelan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JW
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Silver
    TRD PreRunner, 5100's on all four fronts @ 1.75, AAL, SP performance rotors, hawk pads, 17" FJ Cruiser wheels P/C black, 265/65/17 BFGR Rugged Trails, BHLM , painted grill, blacked out emblems
    Agreed great customer service..you pay a little more but IMO its well worth it.

3. Oct 25, 2009 at 1:42 PM
    BaysMtnTaco

BaysMtnTaco IH8MUD

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    East Tenn.
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 3RZ
    None...yet.
    Iv ordered numerous cd players/speakers from Crutch. Never had an issue with them.

x2 on the customer service

4. Oct 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    yep, i havent ordered from them in years but back in the day I ordered EVERYTHING car audio related from them and I agree - GREAT service indeed!

5. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    they are a good resource when researching products, but i would never buy anything from them... too much mark-up on prices. i know you usually get what you pay for but that doesn't mean that you have to over pay for it either.

you got to keep the first one because it cost them like $4 for the part and prob charged you $20. Think about it, they gave you one for free and paid to overnight another one to you- they must have made quite a bit off you for them to be able to afford to do that. why give them praise for being nice when they are ripping you off in the first place?

in my younger days i worked for 1 independent and 2 big box electronic retailers... i've dealt with plenty of distributors and manufactures, if you knew how much these guys make on their products- you wouldn't buy them. i recommend doing a lot of research on products and then find a reputable company and get the cheapest possible price- i don't know about you but i work hard for my money and don't like to give it away for no reason.

6. Dec 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    If price isn't too much of a concern and you are buying something that requires an install, they are the way to go. They will provide all the tools and instructions you need to get the job done.

If you are pretty sure you won't need a high level of service, a better price is usually found elsewhere.

7. Dec 30, 2009 at 1:24 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Exactly this. I buy head units from them because the costs usually balances out between them and other retailers as Crutchfield includes the installation kit and wiring harness adapter. Having the detailed instructions for removal/installation of the parts is a really nice touch.

I'll usually buy other components elsewhere after researching at Crutchfield.com but almost always buy head units from them. I figure it's the least I can do considering I use their site as a resource when shopping around.

8. Dec 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    I use them as a resource quite a bit as well, especially the customer reviews.

9. Dec 30, 2009 at 1:36 PM
    silvertaco82

silvertaco82 No way, get real

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Bozeman, MT
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC TRD Sport 4x4
    TRD Seat Covers, Weathertech floor mats, Sockmonkey Decals, Pro Comp 6", 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 XD addicts, 20% tint, Kenwood Dnx 5120, 2 10" Kicker Shallow mount subs
    i ordered my kenwood hu from them and i love it. would deal with crutchfield again ;)

10. Jan 3, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    BigSteve

BigSteve So-Cal Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06' White Tacoma PreRunner
    Magnaflow exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Pioneer 4100 headunit w/ usb i-pod connection, 12-inch sub and 600 watt amp, tint, LED dome lights
    x2

11. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    08TRD Sport

08TRD Sport ROOTIN AROUND

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Augusta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    10 5th Gen 4Runner
    never had a problem with them

12. Jan 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    comatosed

comatosed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    Silver TRD Sport
    TRD roof rack, Roof Basket, Weather Tech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Eclipse AVN726E dvd/nav, kicker door speakers, 8" kicker sub & amp, fox 2.0 coil overs, moab 2.0 front bumper, Full CBI Skid Set, CBI Offroad rear Bumper, CBI Sliders, BFG AT KO 2, Leer Topper setup for camping. Other mods-full synthetic, carbon filter, de-badged, center console lock.
    I'm willing to pay a little more for great service, reputability, and a vendor that is approved for manufacturers warranty. Go crutchfield.

13. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    TREY4x4

TREY4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Dacula, GA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport 4x4 DBCB, 2010 TRD OR 4x4 DBCB
    Bilstein 5100's front/back set at 1.75", Pioneer AVIC110-BT head unit, JL 6x9 front and Alpine 6.5 rear, OEM bed mat, Weathertech floor mats, OEM sill protectors, Window tint, N-Fab side steps
    I've ordered from Crutchfield before and it's true their customer service is good, but their pricing is a joke. I honestly can't understand how they're still in business. I have to assume they continue to sell to people who are clueless.

I can routinely find the exact same product for 40% - 50% less somewhere else, therefore I'll never purchase anything from them again, ever. When I can save that much money, who cares about their reputation or customer service? I can understand someone wanting the install expertise, but you can find answers to your install questions online.

Window shopping only!

14. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    There is a Crutchfield outlet in Charlottesville, Va. where I grew up. I always buy my HU there but did get my speakers elsewhere on the Tacoma. I called the outlet when I wanted to add XM to my Kenwood deck on my 07 and they had one in the outlet and shipped it to CA for $50 bucks with everything to make it a mostly factory install. Overall customer service and quality are well worth it to me. With that I always bounce everything off of Amazon just to make sure but you cant beat the dash kits, wiring harness and instructions. All this with 24 hour customer service.

15. Feb 15, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I've used crutchfield in the past...they're always awesome with customer service...very knowledgeable staff too. They also have some killer deals every now and then.

To Top