1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cup Holder Mount for LCD

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by emtlibby, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Feb 18, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    emtlibby

emtlibby [OP] Slaughtering goats

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DBLCAB
    So I will be installing a DVD head unit this weekend, and will post pics. BUT, id like to add a screen for the rear passengers. I don't really want to put a screen on my ceiling, so I'd like to put something on the center console, perhaps where the cupholders are??? I know they make headrest units, but I hate the way those look.

Also, does anyone have the dimensions of a subwoofer enclosure that will fit behind the rear seat of a DC.

Thanks!:)

2. Feb 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    pokeng

pokeng Married With Children

Member:
    North of Austin/West of Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    I'd like to stay away from permanent headrest screens also. I have a sunroof, so the ceiling mount may not be an option for me either. I think there are some temporary/portable headrest screens that clamp to the headrest posts, but your center console mount would be another option. Subscribing.

3. Feb 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    azTRD

azTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    It is certainly possible to put a screen down in that location, but I'm guessing that it would take some fiberglass work to do it right. The one thing that would bother me with that location is that it is down at your knees and would have a weird viewing angle.

As far as the sub-box dimensions, there are many answers to this question based on the design you are going for... but you can check out this link for an idea:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/73648-sub-box-dimensions-06-dc.html

4. Feb 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    emtlibby

emtlibby [OP] Slaughtering goats

Member:
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DBLCAB
    Even like a gooseneck mount would work... Anybody got a source for a gooseneck LCD?

Products Discussed in

To Top