1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

custom bed ?

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bubbafatty, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Nov 5, 2007 at 7:22 AM
    bubbafatty

bubbafatty [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey there everybody. My first post, so bare with me. Just bought a used 06 double cab long bed trd sport and want to put in a custom sleeper bed with storage underneath (skis, snowboards,tools, etc). Anyone have any good ideas/resources for something like this? I've done it before with 2x4s and plywood, but was hoping there may be a more sleek and effecient design. Love my Taco and it loves me back for sure. Taken it down to canyonlands and southern utah several times already and am really psyched. Was able to get 6 mtn bikes and 6 people in it for some great times. I hope I have this great truck for a long time! Thanks in advance.

2. Nov 5, 2007 at 8:20 AM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    Sounds like a cool project, but this is the first I've heard. The bed is actually composite and is bolted to the frame. You can crawl down underneath and take a look. It might be possible to take it out and build some sort of two level replacement without affecting the exterior body. With the tailgate up and maybe a tonneau, it'd still look stock.

3. Nov 5, 2007 at 12:36 PM
    bubbafatty

bubbafatty [OP] New Member

Member:
    thanks for the suggestion. i'm thinking a little less invasive acutally. i'd like to keep the bed, and the topper (leer). i really just want to create a sleepable platform inside the stock bed that has space underneath to store things. hoping to find a removable frame so i can use the existing bed to haul when needed. thanks again.

Products Discussed in

To Top