1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom Driveshaft recommendation

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Talk' started by Dlongwfu1, May 22, 2023.

1. May 22, 2023 at 9:24 AM
    Dlongwfu1

Dlongwfu1 [OP] Member

Member:
    I have recently blown through a 2nd carrier bearing. After reading through these forums swapping to a custom drive shaft like Tom Woods makes is the way to go. Turns out though he no longer makes rear driveshafts for Tacoma’s due to the 5% that still have issues after installing.
    Anyone have another reputable Custom Driveshaft company that’s comparable? I was really drawn to the customer service experience everyone talked about having with Tom woods.

I have a 2006 Double Cab MT Tacoma with 6in BDS lift.

I am in the Panama City area for work temporarily and after some quick googling doesn’t seem like there’s much here as far as local driveline/custom DS shops.
    Thanks

2. May 25, 2023 at 7:59 PM
    Witness Protection

Witness Protection Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Taco double cab LB
    6" Pro comp lift, 35" Toyo Open Country MT, custom rear springs by Atlas, 4:88 gears, custom drive shaft
    We have a common problem with a 6" lift. I'm in the Los Angeles area and I'm looking around here. I will be posting a thread related to this with pics of my DS angles and a custom carrier bearing. But first I need to charge my computer. Keep in touch.

Products Discussed in

To Top