1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom iPhone & GPS Mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RZRob, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dec 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM

RZRob [OP] Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    First Name:
    Anaheim Hills
    I built this bracket to hold my iPhone & GPS out of chopped & bent stainless sheet.

The goals were:

• Get phone where I can see it
    • Mount both solid for easy control
    • Get GPS off windshield (blindspot & advertises for theft)
    • Sneak power
    Bad picture, but it's not as overwhelming as it looks. It's where you want it and the bracket itself is discreet - and SOLID!
    My GPS is huge 5" Garmin 1490T. It's also the handsfree bluetooth for my iPhone. It works pretty well. I got a 6' Mini-B [USB] extension and ran it to the center console where I have a cigarette lighter & plug the GPS in here via the extension cord. This way I can transfer the GPS between vehicles still.

Shown with plastic finish protector in place and edges not smoothed yet.
    The bracket attaches to the bottom 6mm stereo bolt behind the climate control panel. I little filing and I was able to sneak everything out the top left corner of the panel and follow the contour.

The GPS is a lollipop bracket off this bracket. It's just a stable round base for the GPS suction cup. The GPS comes with a plastic disc that I stuck to the lollipop bracket and then put a dab of Gorilla Glue and a little foam for support

Here's the 12v outlet in the center console to power GPS & more.

RZ Rob
To Top