1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Custom IPOD Dock Center Console

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by camiliosalomanda, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    camiliosalomanda

camiliosalomanda [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    Figured I would post this up since I did not notice many custom IPOD Docks when trying to mount my own.

I used a snap in piece from an alarm clock that i have. Most anything you buy these days that has an IPOD dock has the different snap in pieces for the different styles and versions of IPODS. I grabbed the snap in piece and took the dremel to the console.

Tell me what you think or show me yours.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oct 22, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    sockmonkey

sockmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Benbrook, SW Fort Worth
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Dbl Cab Pre-Runner
    Volant Ram Air intake,URD MAF calibrator, Mr Marv 10" sub box, Alpine HU, Alpine Amp, fog light mod, scan gauge II, RAAMmat front and rear doors, Wet Okole seat covers, blacked out dash. blacked out front bumper. American Racing Mojave Teflons wrapped with 265/70/16 Pathfinder AT. NST Lite Pulleys
    very nice....excellent idea!

does it stay pretty locked in?

3. Oct 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    Grill Craft Hella 500 Bed Aux Wet Okole Wet Okole Arm Rests Weather Tech Magnaflow OS Ram Night Breakers Rocky Mounts Custom IPOD Dock Pioneer AVH P4100 Relentless Sliders AnBCustomFab Bed Rack 3 Inch Icon Lift with leaf pack
    It does stay secure no slipping or anything even while trail riding. Problem was with my cable, it had the buttons to release the IPOD, so I wrapped the connector in electrical tape so the buttons will be permanently held down. I am still looking for a better way to secure the cable to the snap in. Currently it is held by two zip ties.

4. Oct 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    That rocks... great idea... Cheap Free Mods nomination.

5. May 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    +1
    I hope to do this soon myself

6. May 26, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    Srf4life858

Srf4life858 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma
    2 12" md subwoofers, GrillCraft Billet Overlay Grill, Billstein 5100's, WickedFlow Muffler, debadged, Anti-theft Tailgate Mod, HIDs, 16x8 raceline wheels, BF Goodrich ALT tires, CB Radio, 4 Hella 500s, Lightbar, HIDS, Window Tint, Camburg UCA
    loving it :yay:

7. May 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    I got a few questions...

from what you said, it seems that you may have other sized cradles that came with your dock. Is this so?
    If you do, do you have a cradle for the iphone 3g?
    If yes, would you be willing to sell it?

I've been searching the internet trying to find something like that. (lets me run a usb cable through bottom and holds the back of the phone to prevent it from jiggling and shaking on bumps)

If you don't have the peice, or don't care to sell or can't (noted that your profile says Germany) do you have any info on what the product was that you bought?

any help appreciated. Thanks

8. May 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM
    camiliosalomanda

Member:
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Super White
    I actually had purchased a couple of Iluv devices and used the docks from them.
    http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail...Alarm Clock System&category_cd=C002&cat_lev=1

http://www.i-luv.com/product_detail...stem for your iPod&category_cd=C002&cat_lev=1

They come with a bunch of docks or cradles and i just used the one that fit for my truck and used the biggest one they had for the device, since the biggest one would fit all ipods and iphones.

I bought these devices when the Iphone had just came out so they didnt have a dock for it.

Products Discussed in

To Top