1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

custom sunroof question???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TROKITA, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    TROKITA

TROKITA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma TRD supercharged
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    my truck gots a sunroof that the first owner installed and now the seals are bad and need to be replaced, where can i get or find something like that ? idk the brand of the sunroof but i know some people have installed it in there truck. any ideas or mods i can do.?

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged, Custom sunroof, 6 inch lift, wheel spacers, over the rail tire carrier
    :bump:

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    RickerRicker19

RickerRicker19 Dirty 3'

Member:
    Hillsdale, MI
    Vehicle:
    98 4runner 3rz 5spd
    Snorkel CB Anytime Locker 2" suspension 235/85 tires 2nd Gen 4runner Tire Carrier Custom full length roof rack Sound Proofing Various LED lighting Tundra Brakes LCE Header Diff Breather mods 1st Gen 4runner Roll Bar w/ removable cargo shelf Mostalined body Ditch Lights
    Ummmm if you're sure that it wasn't a dealer type thing look for any names or such that could be around it. Reason is you can probably get a replacement seal from the manufacturer. If you can't find anything there see if you can find exactly where it's leaking from and use some clear silicone on it. After it dries up you could probably get a good seal on the glass. There's some outdoor types that will do well out in the sun. Or you could try and find some door seals at a auto accessory store and see if you could get a match on size. With the silicone curing time and such I wouldn't drive it in the rain for at least a day and you might want to cover your upholstery down below. Silicone can be a nasty business to remove from cloth if you don't get to it quickly.

4. Oct 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    TROKITA

Member:
    First Name:
    Arty
    Utah, the valley
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top