1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Customizing Yakima rack for Tacoma question!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by texastacobueno, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Mar 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno [OP] Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    How's it going guys? I have a quick question. I'm currently working on customizing 2 sets of Yakima Outdoorsman Compact towers to work with our Tacoma rail system. If you're wondering why I'm not just buying one that works it's because I love the way the outdoorsman looks on our trucks. All my exterior accessories are black and simple like this rack!!! I'll post pictures when I'm done with it. ANYWAYS, the customization is basic and just includes welding 3" angle iron to each tower so they can sit firmly on the bed side and it will hang low enough for me to mount them to the rail system. The issue I've run into is that I'm not sure how to mount them to the rails....

So does anyone have any interesting or creative ideas on how to mount the towers to the rails? I have a basic idea but just interested in some input.

THANKS A MILLION!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top