1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DAC Operation Question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OffroadToy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy [OP] old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch, Sherpa Grand Teton/Crows nest, Baja Designs S8 light bar, Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro fog lights
    Yesterday while comeing down a steep hill (loose gravel, dirt, rocks) I was in 4LO with the automatic in low gear with no problems and decided to use the DAC (downhill assist control). Once I pressed the DAC button the traction control went into effect and started the pulsating brake thing...made a hell of a noise! When I switched the DAC off, the truck went down the hill smooth and at a slow rate of speed. My question...is it normal for the traction control to work the brakes while in DAC mode? I was under the impression the DAC used the engine for braking. It doesn't mention this in the manual, but would it be better to hit the DAC switch when stopped completely, rather than while crawling...maybe a little slippage occurred before the DAC went into effect causing the traction control to work the brakes to control slippage?

2. Mar 16, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    My experience was the same as yours. It was very noisy and it uses the brakes. I did not like it at all. I don't understand the usefulness of the DAC feature while offroading.

Products Discussed in

To Top