1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dakine Tailgate Pad?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by tacomabud, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    tacomabud

tacomabud [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bud
    RI
    Vehicle:
    04 Black Xtra Cab
    K&N replacement, 4" Deck plate mod, Thrush Welded muffler, 2nd Gen. TRD rims, Herculinered bed, Grey wire mod, OME lift w/ 883 coils and AAL, 265/75/16 BFG A/T, AP 1.5" wheel spacers
    I know I've seen a few people on here with the Dakine tailgate pad (http://www.dakine.com/bike/accessories/pick-up-pads/), and I was just wondering what you're experiences have been with it. What type of bikes do you use it for? Do you do long drives with it? Do you need to use tie downs in addition to the tailgate pad?

I have several bikes (Spec. P1, Kona Coiler, Gary Fisher Tassajara just to name a few), and they all have different geometry. So, I just want to see if it's the correct way of transporting bikes considering I do travel with them often.

2. Dec 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    I have a Dakine pad on my Tacoma, I do use it to transport both Cross country and Down Hill bikes. Not very stable and do get wear marks on the down tube. I suggest getting a Thule rack, to safely transport your bike.

Dakine Pad is good for short shuttles.

3. Jan 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    Jdaniel1274

Jdaniel1274 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD 4X4
    PIAA lights, OMD leaf spring mod, magna flow muffler, oil filter relocation kit
    The pad does not scratch the tail gate, but the bike can, I put pipe insulation over the top of the tailgate, to prevent this.

tallen316 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top