1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dakota Definty AT tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 45longcolt, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    I just had (4) of these mounted to replace the stock Rugged Trail tires. I squeezed 45K out of the RT ones. I could have gone about 2-3K more but one had a piece of metal stuck in it and the other had a screw in it. The originals were 265/70/16 and the new ones, I went taller with 265/75/16.

Anyone else have these on their truck? Good mileage out of them? I did notice they were a little mushier in corners than the 70 profile but overall they seem just fine. Much quieter I might add. I know the sidewalls are only 2 ply but we don't have rocks around here in East Texas so I should be OK on the sidewalls only being 2 ply.

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    pep boys???? how much did you pay???

3. Apr 15, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    45longcolt

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    With the rebate it comes to $500 even total. That includes the mounting, disposal, lifetime rotation and balance and road hazard for all 4 tires. Upfront I paid $610 but send in the rebate to receive $110 back. They say they honor the rebates too. :)

4. Aug 18, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    45longcolt

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    If you think these tires look good for your truck please just run the other way. Do not fall for the 4th tire free deal as I did. After 4 months of riding in what rode like a dump truck I finally had enough and complained to management. I demanded my money back as the tires were defective and the installers were either blind to what they were selling, told to ignore what they see or just don't give a dam*. Either of these is unacceptable to me. I only got refunded on three of them as I had received a rebate for the 4th one and it was considered "free". On one of my independent balancing adventures the guy called me over and said Sir there is no way I can balance these tires, take a look. I looked at ALL 4 on the balancer and two of them had huge obvious flat spots on them. The other two were OK but needed a lot of weight. So I kept one to make it my spare as it is the height I wish now, not the height of the original RT tires. I got most of my money back and I figure I might be able to get $50 for my spare that has never touched ground and that would close the loss gap even more.

I went with Hankook ATM tires, 265/75/16. Gentlemen and ladies, I am thouroughly satisfied with these tires, the ride, the look, the feel, the lack of noise, etc. Cost me $300 more at $811 for 4 mounted and OTD but the ride is $300 better too. I can now enjoy my truck again as I can feel the road now, not the tires.

5. Aug 18, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    I wouldn't touch that Pep Boys garbage. $504 installed for my tires and 35k miles later I'm thoroughly satisfied with them.

6. Aug 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    Hunter'06FLKY

Hunter'06FLKY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners, OME 884's, Toyotec AAL, Differential Breather, PIAA Fog's, K & N Air Filter, Definity Dakota M/T's, Cherry Bomb Extreme High Clearance
    I have the definity dakota mt's and they've done great for me. i have about 8k on them and they still look brand new. i can't say anything about the at's though.

7. Aug 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    Let us know how many months it takes you to get your mail in rebate back, if you get it at all.

8. Aug 19, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    45longcolt

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    The rebate comes in about two months and you can go on line and check the status at any time.

I guess my beef is really with the particular store I got mine at. I would have been satisfied if I had gotten (4) good tires at once but when you take a vehicle back to a service provider and you complain of a bad ride, steering wheel shaking, etc. you would think they would try to find out the issue. Plus the guys installing the tires should see the out of roundness and say something about it, don't just ignore it when a major part of your business is selling "round" pieces of rubber. I do have to hand it to Pepboy's for taking care of the situation when I demanded a refund. I had tried to get them to drive it to see what I was referring to and the only time they drove it was to verify I did deserve a refund.

Products Discussed in

To Top